anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pan map function advice please  (Read 2510 times)

bratters

Pan map function advice please
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »
Hi guys - new to Radar Box and greatly enjoying testing it out. One question I haven't been able to resolve and could do with some help on:

I'm using pan map to track an aircraft heading for my local airport and I'm listening via my scanner to a controller giving heading and height instuctions etc.

The problem (well, more of an annoyance than a problem) is that while the aircraft is in the centre of the screen it is NOT in the centre of the compass ie. HOME. This means that a course change contradicts or at least doesn't match the (now) offset compass with the airport at its centre.

Seems to me that when using the pan map function, the aircraft needs to be the temporary HOME on the map or alternatively an overlay compass centred on the aircraft needs to be superimposed.

Hope this makes sense - any answers greatfully received.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Pan map function advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:37:04 PM »
In Preferences, untick the option for "Draw Centred at Home Location".

bratters

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »
Thanks for that tarbat. It works very well - though for some reason the screen centres a touch further north unticked than ticked. Maybe the Airnav guys can explain that?

Very pleased with the product overall and most impressed by the aerial. Just from a window sill it's picking up flights from Ipswich to Aberystwyth and Calais to Morcambe - presumably 40000ft at the extremes. Interesting to see how good it gets with a bit of fettling.

Thanks again.

Blackthorn

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
Try placing your aerial on a biscuit tin lid, I realise that covers a wider area than the supplied reflecter area but it improved my coverage even more.