anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Demo in North East England?  (Read 3837 times)

pilot_ngb

Demo in North East England?
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:49:55 AM »
Hello

I am seriously considering moving over from the 'other box'.

Is there anyone living near Newcastle (I am in Whitley Bay) who would be prepared to give me a demo on a weekend?

Regards
NGB

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Demo in North East England?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
According to the locations map, there's 2 users near you - paulc (nearest) and besty8

See http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=105277615186365824795.00045be4dc8f432ddcfba

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
hello mate, mine is away for repair at the minute. Not sure how long it will be before I'm up and running again.

pcochrane12

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 06:53:54 AM »
hi mate
working this week end but may be able to sort something for next week possibly slap the lap top on and go to the airport meet up and run it there work permiting will drop a line next week
cheers paul

pcochrane12

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 06:55:52 AM »
still no sign of yours i see besty im still waiting on new antenna running of supplied on very frustrating when i know what my old wimo could do still should'nt be long now
paul

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:32:15 AM »
Paul, did your power light die and did the reception go weak?? I've the same wimo kit as you, what died on this? I'll get it checked out see if it is the same problem.

Hope I'm up and running again soon.
Stuart

pcochrane12

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »
Stuart the rb is the same fault
Found the wimo was full of moisture at the couplings so investing in new system and using old gear as back up I'm looking intobetter way of sealing all connections this time not just self amalgamating tape and denzo will let you no what I come up with
Cheers Paul

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 06:52:11 PM »
Hi Paul, buy a tube (or 2!) of electricians' silicone grease 50g tube usually around £4ish.   A bit squeezed into the end of co-ax will seal the cable a treat - won't take solder then though, only crimp type.   If soldering, apply the grease after, squeeze a good bit into the connectors then assemble, may squeeze out a bit, which is good.    You can also buy blind gland covers for outdoor cable, which will puul down over a joint, leave bottom end open for ventilation, a plastic drinks bottle can be used the same, with a hole drilled (slightly smaller than cable OD) in lid, doesn't look so professional though.    Heat shrink can also be used for covering joints, any more hints wanted, just ask..........
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

pcochrane12

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »
thanks coastgaurd
yep going to seal with heatshrink and a sealing compound we used when i was in the airforce for sealing the radome on aircraft after a radar change mate of mine still in the mob is going to source some for me and drop it in when passing next week before he goes sand bashing
cheers paul