AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hardware disconnected  (Read 17777 times)

Didimon

Hardware disconnected
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »
Hi,

I'm reviewing the RadarBox for www.atcbox.com

One thing which is really annoying is the hardware disconnect after a (short) while and the only way to get connected again is to CTRL+ALT+DEL and terminate the software and start it again......

Already learned this is a known issue but is there more information regarding this? Maybe a temporary solution?

I personally think the RadarBox is great, way in advance of the SBS-1 of Kinetic but the Kinetic software is running 24/7 for more than one year at our website, this should be possible with the radarbox too, wouldn't it?

Best regards:

Didimon

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Hardware disconnected
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »
Didimon,

Have for installed the AirNav Beta Patch ANRB11 which includes a firmware update for the RadarBox receiver?

My laptop has always worked without any hardware disconnects, but the desktop was hopeless.  The patch now means that RB runs without disconnects on my desktop too.

AirNav acknowledge that the disconnect problem is still work in progress and I do know that some people are still having trouble, but it might be worth a try.  The other altenative would be to try RB on another PC.

Didimon

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »
Hi Allocator,

Thank you for the reply and I now installed the beta patch but..... another problem now, the hardware doesn't connect at all anymore...

No other computer available to try...... :(

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »
Have you gone through the instructions carefully such as ensuring the firmware was updated?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Didimon

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:40 PM »
Just did what it says below...... suppose it went wrong, how can I proceed? Just do it again?

-------------

- Download Instructions:
a) Download the beta files from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrb11beta0.zip

b) Extract all these files to your RadarBox root folder (usually "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"). Overwrite the existing files.

c) First you need to do the firmware upgrade. Be sure the RadarBox HW is properly connected to your computer and that the RadarBox 2007 software is closed. Run the 1.01.0.exe file. A DOS prompt will appear. Click "Page UP". The new firmware will be uploaded to the box. After it finishes click ESC.

d) Now run ANRB.exe. This is the new RadarBox 2007 executable. The first time you use it loading could take some time (not more than 15 secs - this is because of database upgrades).

Didimon

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »
Disregard, I tried again and now the dos prompt tells me: Firmware update successfull!

No clue what went wrong the first time... I'll try the software and let you know what happens... thanks so far!

Didimon

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
Checking hardware (with the yellow box) for approx 10 seconds and than:

Hardware not Connected (Red Box)

Version: ANRB11
Version Date: 2007-08-07 02:34

Double click to reconnect, no result

Pulling out USB cable and plugin again: The blue USB light on the Box starts flickering, no further result

Hardware Connection Lost re-connecting now..... with no luck ???

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
Restart your computer and then try the instructions again. Do not remove the RadarBox at any time during those instructions.

Also if you are using a laptop ensure that power safe is not set on the usb port which is being used with RadarBox.
[email protected]

Didimon

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
Really appreciated your time....

Computer restarted, Radarbox connected all the time

Followed the instructions again, firmware version installed is 1.01 according the dos screen, started the program and thank god it's working again.....

I'm using a laptop and now let's see of there are still disconnects, before this patch I could run it for approx. 10 to 15 minutes before it disconnected again.....

Power safe is switched off....

Thanks again, I'll let you know the result after a few days....

Best regards:

Daan

Didimon

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »
Too bad, only after approx. 10 minutes the hardware descided to disconnect again and unable to reconnect....

The software really improved, I'm gonna wait patiently on the official patch which will (hopefully) resolve the disconnect problem.

Regards: Daan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »
The official patch should be out within 2 weeks.
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
Too bad, only after approx. 10 minutes the hardware descided to disconnect again and unable to reconnect....

The software really improved, I'm gonna wait patiently on the official patch which will (hopefully) resolve the disconnect problem.

Regards: Daan

Daan,

Hang on in there, it really will be worth it!  The hardware disconnects are a real pain, but now RB runs OK on my desktop PC - I'm still using the laptop as it has a wide screen and I can see more of the map and the aircraft list at the same time :-)

Maybe it's the right time to upgrade the desktop monitor .........he, he ;-)

Didimon

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »
I'll hangin, at the moment it's running for 40 minutes now without a disconnect.....

You're right, together with the acars decoder, I totally haven't enough pixels on my screen.....

It's really nice this radarbox with addons....

Bill

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »
Hello from The Hague - I've been watching this discussion with some amusement............it has to be a coincidence but my RB hasn't disconnected once since the new patch was issued......but I haven't downloaded it yet and I have changed nothing in my set up - same PC, same screen same, same, same !!

BTW I am running a BS100 fixed site antenna but with an AS1105 high gain whip, ELAD A12-1090 + BT 12, 20 metres RG58 (N / BNC / N) to the amp, 3metres of Westflex to the BT 12, 10 metres RG 58 (BNC / SMA) to the RB, 60 metres of ethernet cat5 through a USB extender to the laptop........average message count is circa 70 / sec with peaks of 125.......magic !! Or am I just lucky??

I operate 30 miles North of Aberdeen at the weekend - the message count is way down but there is nothing like the activity of course - the range is circa 175Nm - loads of helicopter traffic but only mode S so mainly NA status.

Allocator

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »

Maybe it's the right time to upgrade the desktop monitor .........he, he ;-)

Went into the local PC place to buy a new mouse (honest!) and came out with a nice 19 inch LCD that runs 1280x1024 rather than my existing one at 1280x768.

Now things look REALLY good :-)