AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SquawkBox now has filters and alerts  (Read 21218 times)

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
Re: SquawkBox now has filters and alerts
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »
SquawkBox uses whatever data is given to it on port 30003 by RadarBox to build its list of squawk codes. At the end of scrolling each block of text the program rebuilds the text it scrolls with the data it received from port 30003 while it was scrolling. There is a small chance that a flight squawk code could change, be displayed by RadarBox, but not be updated by SquawkBox until the next scroll. Having said that, I have never seen this happen in practice nor noticed any differences between the two programs when testing.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »
i have lots of differences, in fact not many matches ; just 3 more from the last list i checked (out of 4, the 4th was not showing on RB )

BAW393  RB 4427 in SB 3370
EIN33E    RB 5266 in SB 2212
SOX774   RB 2757 in SB 2471.

have to say i'm in Belgium, not UK, could this explaine the differences ?

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »
BAW816 say's 0567 squawk on RB, G-EUOC A319, while squawkbox gives me  : BAW816  2414 NATO-CAOC 9 Exercises ?????

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »
The text description of the squawk code output by SquawkBox is country dependent, the default list supplied with the program is the UK squawk codes. Unfortunately that means that you will have to try and find a list of squawk codes for Belgium yourself I'm afraid (we've got the Netherlands and Turkey already).

As I mentioned earlier, SquawkBox displays the data it receives from RadarBox on Port 30003. You can see this data yourself if you run a program called telnet.exe (on \WINDOWS\system32 under WindowsXP).

If you start SquawkBox then then RadarBox and then telnet at the prompt type 'open localhost 30003' (without the quotes), you should see the squawk codes that SquawkBox is receiving in the telnet window. The squawk codes are the fifth to last field (fields are separated by commas) on the telnet lines. These codes should correspond to the codes that RadarBox is displaying in the MyFlights section of its interface panel and also to those that SquawkBox is displaying.

You can pause SquawkBox scrolling by clicking on its window if that makes it any easier to read. The display should look something like the attached gif file.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
ok, thanks for the info, will try to find a Belgian squawk list

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
The problem reported by marcdeklerk above has now been fixed (caused by using a function call special to .Net Framework version 3.5). SquawkBox should now work with the following versions of the .Net Framework; 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5. The corrected version has been uploaded to the website.