anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updating the NavData DB  (Read 7485 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Updating the NavData DB
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:11 PM »
MyLog is a historical record of what you have picked up live and the data comes from what was in the main (NavData) database at the time, so editing the main database won't affect what you already have in MyLog.

However, try MyLog > Tools > Populate as this looks at the main database to see if it can populate the records in MyLog.  I don't know if it will work if you already have some aircraft details in MyLog though.  It will populate "empty" MyLog records.

9M-ISJ

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 07:18:01 AM »
Hi,

I thought it might be something like that.

The populate method doesnt change anything I am afraid

I have masses of records with the ... type. Think this one needs addressing (so that anything with ... showing is included in population look ups)

9M-ISJ

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »
Just checked and in the four days I have been running RB I have over 150 aircraft showing the type short code as ... (way too many to amend by hand)

Very interestingly when viewing them in Database Explorer the vast majority of them have the correct aircraft type showing in the 'long name' box next to the short code.

I am wondering if it is something to do with RB and where-ever the data is pulled from (GAS?) inputting the long version of the type name slightly differently??

(ie if RN is looking for one thing, but finding a very slightly different version of the way the full type is expressed and hence doesnt put in the short code)