AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts with ARNB 2009  (Read 67817 times)

Tramline

Re: Alerts with ARNB 2009
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
I know this subject seems to be impossible to resolve.  My Alerts are becoming totally random.  I do have a large list of a/c that I'm looking out for and these are correctly entered under 'Registration'.  Some alert, some don't for the same airline e.g a couple of EI 320's overflew, EI-DVI and DER, both were on my list - DVI 'alerts' but DER passes quietly by?  I thought perhaps I'd too many reg's in the system, then i get LN-RRU 'alert' as 'Reg Received' so its not that.   Funnily enough I got to the stage with US regs that I just used N* and this appears to work very well.    Alerts for me are just so random, its a fantastic principle but it doesn't seem too reliable which is a shame.  Allocator had suggested using HEX coded instead of reg's - I would try this but is there a quick reference data index to find all this and has anyone a clever idea ow I can input about 150+ codes quickly - probably not :-(

Grateful for any ideas - again!

P.S I think the RB is excellent - I think its user failure.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
Tramline,

You don't have to put all 150 Mode S codes in at once - you can just do a few at a time :-)

If it is aircraft fleets you are following, can you use wildcards in the Registration alert box like I'm using in my Fleet Watch setup?  This list give me all the BAW B747/777 and all the registered A380's and the Beluga fleet.

A6-ED*
F-GST*
9V-SK*
G-CIV*
G-BNL*
G-BYG*
G-VII*
G-ZZZ*
G-YMM*
G-RAES
G-BRZS
VH-OQ*

I don't know if you have used airframes.org, but you can search for operators as well as individual aircraft, so you can have a list of all their aircraft and just click on each one to see the Mode S code.  Often tese run in blocks too, so again you might be able to use wildcards.

I think that it's possible that you have so many alerts set, that RB is just being maxed out - maybe you are getting 2 or 3 alerts at the same time?

As I've said before, although it doesn't help you, I use the alerts function extensively and also the Fleet Watch facility (in fact I use this more that the alerts now, as I can double click on the aircraft in the Fleet Watch list and go straight to it) and it works as advertised for me.

jgrloit

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2009, 11:55:46 AM »
With only 2 squark codes set - 00??  and 7?00
ont the first aircraft of the day seen, I get upto 3 notifications, I think before the squark details are seen.
Thereafter NO alert for aircraft with missing Squawk code.
Notification is local message ONLY.
I don't expect many hits, on local traffic ONLY - NO Network traffic running.
Could this and some of the other problems be in the initialisation code, so that once an Alter has been processed the compare value, or flag is not reinitialised??
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »
Confirm that you have set the squawk codes as:

00*
7*

You can't use ? as a wildcard and as far as I'm aware, you can't have the wildcard in the middle of the code block, so 00?? and 7?00 will not work.

I've got 5 A380's showing in my Fleet Watch list at the moment :-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:19:37 PM by Allocator »

Tramline

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »
O.K, it was very strange yesterday.  During the server outage with no network aircraft I had a fantastic alert day - I had over 600 alerts, though perhaps there were about '100' double alerts whilst using 'registration' - but it was markedly improved and today with the server back online and having the network aircraft back my alert count dropped to around 150 with only an hour less watching the skies!  Strange but thought provoking.....

Today's weather was superb around LHR and I'm really enjoying the RB.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »
Is your alerts marked to check network flights as well?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »
Is your alerts marked to check network flights as well?

No.  I just use 'Alert' for 'My Flights'.    What what did notice though was BCY* did not alert whilst 'Network' was up and running but yesterday they were alerting like mad!

Just an observation!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »
Maybe if the aircraft first appears in the network list, and you don't have network alerts ticked, then it won't alert when it transitions to your My Flights list.

We've seen that the transition between network and hardware flights is problematic in other areas (eg routes), so it wouldn't be a suprise if alerts had similar problems.

Try testing with network alerts turned on for a while.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:47:27 PM by tarbat »

Bigyun2000

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2009, 09:50:28 PM »
This is how I have my alerts set up at the moment.  No duplicate alarms in the alerts log.

Hi all.
Is it possible to save each Alert section?  Because if for some reason i get the "not responding screen" which by the way Airnav i still get.  I lose the info, so have to redo it each time.

Thanks

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »
When you exit RB, the alerts are saved.

Bigyun2000

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »
Hi Tarbat
Well that's what i thought.  But earlier today i got "not responding" i waited & waited & waited.  I shut the Airnav ap down hoping the settings would save and then when it eventually loaded again, all settings had gone.

I have noticed this before.  When i start the program, i always have to turn off the TRIAL LINE FEATURE. mmm??? Confused.
Tony

Bigyun2000

« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2009, 10:35:05 PM »
BTW is the network down at the moment?  I am not getting any network activity at all.
Thanks

Fenris

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »
Hi Tarbat
Well that's what i thought.  But earlier today i got "not responding" i waited & waited & waited.  I shut the Airnav ap down hoping the settings would save and then when it eventually loaded again, all settings had gone.

If you shut it down forceably then you will abort the very processes it is trying to complete before it exits.

Are you using any programs that reduce the clock speed or similar? It sounds as if RB is being starved of processor cycles or is waiting for a network event or some other thing where the resource it wants is busy.

Which OS are you running?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »
Sorry, I never get the "not responding", but doesn't this stop you closing RB down "cleanly"?  To get the alerts to save, you've got to close RB down cleanly.

Bigyun2000

« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
@Fenris.

Runnin Vista Home on my Laptop.  Dual Core with 2GB Mem.