AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts with ARNB 2009  (Read 67822 times)

Tramline

Re: Alerts with ARNB 2009
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2008, 01:58:04 AM »
Spent several hours on the RB today, monitoring LHR deps and overflying traffic on UL9 LAM/BIG CPT STU.  I've been watching the alerts function with some care today and its been about 90% o.k.   Again, I'm a new user and I've been very impressed with the RB.  The 10% of missed Alerts were totally random.  Two A/c departed LHR and I needed both of them.  Both were listed under 'Reg' only the first one did not alert - I watched it and waited but nothing!  Then next A/c to line up had only climbed 425ft then I got the audible alert! Excellent!  But then I searched deeper as to the reason why - same a/c type. same info on display, registrations correctly input ....I'm stumped.  Still it's still so much better than I hoped so thanks AirNav.

One more question, with My Flights ...How can I keep the scroll bar at the top so I can click onto a specified flight before it jumps about all over the list?

OK, try a different approach here.  Rather than putting the aircraft registration in the alerts box, put the Mode S code in in the Mode S box.  You can find this either by checking the NavData.bd3 file using Database Explorer, by checking in MyLog if you have already received the aircraft, using the Mode S lookup on the GAS website, or by using airframes.org.

Is there any possibility that when you are picking these aircraft up, they are not in the database, so autopopulate is filling in the registration?

The Mode S code will always be seen, even if the rest of the details are missing.  Try the suggestion above and see if you get a 100% alert rate.  This will help AirNav to find the problem if one does exist.

O.K Allocator, thanks for the tip.  I'll try this next time I'm using the box.

Cheers...
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

gzerovti

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
Hi,

I am having the same problems.

I have Vista and running ANRB 2009.

The only alerts I get are when I tick the box to alert me to aircraft within so many miles?

I have tried registrations, mode S, flight ID, aircraft. Non of these alert!!!

As I said in a previous posting, I am trying to set up alerts for the A380 Airbus as it comes in range. It alerted last week but not anymore even though I know it pased over.

I have the ANRB on all day.
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:09 AM »
This is my Alert Tab.  I didn't have A38* in my aircraft alert box, but as I entered it, I got the alert as you can see here:

Thinks you need to check:

- Have you ticked the Aircraft tick box

- Have you entered A38* wiyhout any extra spaces and without hitting Enter after putting A38* in the box

- Have you ticked Play a sound and have you selected a sound to play by using the Browse box

- Have you ticked the Show a Notification tick box

Allocator

« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »
Remember that there is another very good way to follow particular aircraft or fleets using Fleet Watch in the SmartView tab:

I am following all British Airways flights (BAW*) and the Emirates A380 aircraft (A6-EDA, A6-EDB, A6-EDC)

I can centre any of the aircraft in the map by double-clicking on the aircraft line in the Fleet Watch list and I can sort the list in any order by clicking on the list titles.  Also, by ticking Show Only Fleet Watch Flights on the Map, I can remove all other aircraft from the map.

There are no alerts with Fleet Watch, but I wait until I get an alert via the normal Alerts function, then switch to Fleet Watch to find the aircraft.

Allocator

« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2008, 05:46:25 PM »
I've just rehashed my Fleet Watch list to only show what I really want.

BAW 747
BAW 777
SIA A380
Emarates A380
Beluga Transport

HMN851X

« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
no alerts since yesterday!!!

Is the server down my Box is sending the alerts but not reciving them in my in box !!!

Brian

Allocator

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2008, 10:05:52 AM »
Are you talking about email alerts, or sound and visual alerts on your PC?

HMN851X

« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2008, 10:09:53 AM »
E-mail alerts

9M-ISJ

« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »
Hi,

I am getting alerts..... to be honest I havent had a chance to sit and watch the screen in the past few days (Christmas run up is manic for my company) however my feeling was that I seem to be getting a lot more alerts in the past three or four days.

So much so, that I was wondering if something had been done in the background to fix something!

Allocator

« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2008, 10:12:23 AM »
E-mail alerts

I've just set RB to send me email alerts and the alert has come through fine - no problem.

Have you updated your firewall lately, might this be stopping RB sending the alerts to email?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:15:00 AM by Allocator »

gsholland

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »
Hi Guys,

I too am having the same problem.  In the aircraft database section I have annotated each aircraft reg I need with a #.  I then have an alert *#.  I have the message alert to be shown along with an audible.

It was all working fine, now the message does not appear just the audible sounds.  The alert log also shows blank.

Obviously something not quite right.

Cheers/Greg

Allocator

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2008, 05:42:08 PM »
How did you modify the database, using DataBase Explorer, or through MyLog?

gsholland

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »
Hi Allocator,

A combination of TKSQLite and Access.

Greg

Allocator

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2008, 06:47:57 PM »
Which database did you modify, NavData.db3 or MyLog.db3?

gsholland

« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
NavData.db3

Thx/Greg