AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

Last 7 days log is filling with Yellow timestamps...

<< < (2/3) > >>

G-CONC:
Thanks Alan for watching my box for a few hours.... I have had another reply from support and now know what their message meant, " If you have an old Radarbox that no longer works and you purchase a SDR dongle, you may use the version 6 radarbox software but you must sign in with your e-mail address and password and not the PGANRB xxxxxx which is for the box only. Apparently this links your new dongle to your old box software, If you sign in with the old PGANRB log in details the program waits for a different kind of message and it does not know that it is being sent by a dongle. As I mentioned to you a few weeks ago I'm just using the dongle until I receive my replacement Com Station this will be connected to the 65ft mast and should be a vast improvement to the present 60/70 mile range, here's hoping for a better system.

Runway 31:
Now you know Wayne but at least you are picking up aircraft and that's the main thing

Alan

G-CONC:
Hi Alan, it's been a long time since we spoke last, but things are looking up now. Having been refused permission to put up a 65' antenna by the local NTC, I have had to make do with a lower mast of 45', I'm just about clearing the surrounding buildings and getting a good coverage, also now using the X Range box 400164, the area is still low in flights but my coverage area has improved by 3X and the yellow boxes have gone. I’m getting good signals from the north and south but east and west are lower, from the readout given when connected to the IP address of the box the aircraft are dropped from the box when the signal strength goes above (-15 dBFS) for east and west, but north and south can go up to (-16.5 dBFS) before dropping of the screen. There are lots of high range hills to the east and west and I was wondering if I could improve the range by adding a 1090Mhz filter, not sure if the X Range box already has one or not. There are also several cell masts around my location.

Runway 31:
Hi Wayne,

Yes I had noted your improved coverage now quite impressive.  I think the X-Range has a filter but will ask and let you know.  A filter will not increase your range as such but could increase the numbers of aircraft you are picking up if there is cell disruption

Alan

G-CONC:
Hi Alan, have waited a few weeks, did you find out if the X Range box does have a filter? the other thing I thought of would it be ok to put a mast amp in the set up? I thought I read that there was a small booster in the box, would this conflict with a amp at the mast head? Regards. Wayne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version