anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updating the database  (Read 3925 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Updating the database
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:57:16 AM »
I regularly try and update the database.  However, when I restart the software it does always register that its is updating the newly downloaded data it just says that it is optimising the database as per a normal restart. This will happen approx 50% of the time.  I always choose the option to overwrite changes as I never update the db with my own data.  Does this mean the update has not worked and I have to go thru the process again?  Or is there a way I can check to see if the update has actually been apply?  Gets very frustrating having to do the same upgrade multiple times.

Graham 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:02:29 AM by GreekSpy2001 »

Runway 31

Re: Updating the database
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »
No idea on your query Graham as I have not seen that but I suggest that you can check the total rows on the aircraft table before and after to see if they marry up or if there is a difference.

Make sure that you give the app time to close down fully before starting it up again.

Alan

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »
Ok happens regularly for me closing down and waiting doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether it works.  Problem is you don't know when its going to happen so you have to make sure you have made a note of the rows.  Something for which I know I will remember after the event!!!  Will try again now as it has just gone thru this.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »
Todays up date should give you 260203 rows

Alan

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
Just checked and yes I have 260203.  So it looks like it did work but the startup screen didn't say it was applying the updated db.  So I can live with that only a minor bug on my installation. 

Thanks

G