anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox Not Connected!!  (Read 8987 times)

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
Radarbox Not Connected!!
« on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:12 PM »
Hi guys, I've had my box now for 3 days & am absolutely delighted with it! I leave my box on all the time and have had no problems with the system so far. However, today it has dropped twice. The 1st time I was out shopping and when I returned there was no information. In the bottom left my Icon was on Red & showing Hardware : Not Connected. I had to reboot my computer to fire up again. I've just returned from dinner and the same thing has occurred. I've had to reboot my PC to get connected again!
I'm running Vista 34bit SP1.
Can anyone throw any light on this? Both times the green power & blue USB lights were illuminated on the Radarbox.

Cheers :)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Radarbox Not Connected!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »
In case you haven't make sure you using the latest RadarBox 2009 software version at:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

What you have mentioned sounds like a case of power saving. Check your settings that you don't have power saving enabled (in device manager) for USB devices, otherwise whenever you leave your computer for a while it will force turn off those devices.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »
Thanks again for the quick reply. I've checked my power savings for USB and changed the USB selected suspend setting to disabled. I'm also showing that I have Software version 2.01 and Firmware version 02.03.1 which I believe are the latest. Lets hope the new USB setting works.

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »
Hi, Unfortunately I've had further problems today with my Radarbox. As I write the box has once again stopped responding. The Green light is illuminated and the Blue USB light is flashing. This occurred suddenly while I was viewing! When I restart the application the the screens appear & the Connected light in the bottom left briefly flashes amber before remaining red. To get RB up & running again I have to reboot the computer!
Can anyone offer any further sugestions, naturally this is really annoying.

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 07:43:17 PM »
Guys a question in relation to the above! Can mobile phone signals have an affect? I've noticed that my box went down again today almost immediately after my wife sent a text message!!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:24:26 AM »
I don't think that mobile phone signals are going to affect the RadarBox USB connection.

Are you running an unpowered USB hub by any chance?  It does sound like RadarBox might not be getting enough power.  Have you tried using a different USB socket - if you do this, make sure you install the correct RB drivers that are in the /AirNav RadarBox 2009/Drivers folder (as far as I can remember!) as Windows insists on driver being installed for each USB socket!

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »
Hi, thanks for suggestion. This afternoon I un-installed RB and then re-installed but this time into my powered external hard drive. So far I've had no loss of data! When it was crashing the software continued to run but the USB was showing as not connected so you may have a point! I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again for the input :)

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »
Ok guys, I'm resurrecting my posting again in the hope that I can finally resolve my issue. As you can imagine for such an expensive investment this is getting to be very frustrating. My RB still keeps bombing out! For some reason it just simply disconnects the USB cable and stops receiving data.
I'm running on my HP M9070 desktop with Vista Home Premium. Intel Quad Processor. This PC runs both Flight Simulator FSX & FS9 so it's a powerful sod.
I've un-installed RB completely & reinstalled on my external hard drive, tried different ports but it's still bombs out. This can be anything between 1 minute or hours.
For example within seconds of firing up this morning it bombed out. I unplugged the USB from RB and plugged it straight back in and it fired up again! Currently it's still running but for how long? PLEASE HELP!!
Could this be a faulty unit??

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
If you're using the supplied USB cable connected directly to the PC (not through a hub), and any other USB device works okay, then maybe it's a faulty unit.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
If you think its a faulty unit, contact support and we can send you to the RTB details.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »
Hi, thanks. Airnav support didn't understand your previous post can you expand a bit please.

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »
Send them an email to support and they'll give the instructions for sending it off for repair, I've just sent mine off to Waters and Stanton and got a reply straight away saying they'd received it. just waiting now for its return. Hope it's not long.5- 10 working days they say.

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »
Thanks for that Besty I got mine from Waters & Stanton too. What was the problem with yours?

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »
I got mine from leeds but had to send it back to W&S, it was nothing just the power light has died and i've a reduced reception.  Not sure if the reception is connected to the power problem.

pcochrane12

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 06:51:52 AM »
besty had the same fault sent via waters for repair and was back with me within 2 weeks working great now but aerial has died new one on the way
cheers paul