anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New feature: Route Data on Network Flights  (Read 13396 times)

Tailwinds

Re: New feature: Route Data on Network Flights
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »
Just tracked UAL922 on Heathrow Approach but the route is showing KORD-KIAD instead of KORD-EGLL in "My Flights". (Not Network).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:32:20 PM by Tailwinds »
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »
That may happen because you had the wrong information stored on your local table. Try to delete that entry using File menu, Database Explorer and it will get the data again from our server (this time the correct data since we already updated it).

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 10:55:02 PM »
I've just manually confirmed by querying our main database and UAL922 is listed as KORD-KIAD-EGLL so all is Ok with the new routine. Do what we suggested and you will see the proper information appearing.

Tailwinds

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 11:12:52 PM »
Ok, I've selected "Routes" in the Database explorer and found UAL922. Do I just hilight the section that says UAL922 and then click "Delete Record"?

EDIT...It's Ok. I've just deleted that record.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:30:04 PM by Tailwinds »
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

Deadcalm

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »
Several days on, now, from this upgrade.

I still have strange routes on my radar map - currently EZY3211 (which is correctly described as EGSS - LEPA in the database, and on various websites) is shown on the map as EHAM - EGSS.  And a fair number of flights don't display a route at all.

Also, can Airnav confirm whether or not the continual switching on and off of Hardware processing is still required for many aircraft to display routes, or has this been "fixed" with this upgrade - 'cos I find it's still necessary to keep doing this.

Thanks

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »
We have on our central database EZY3211 listed as EGSS-LEPA. What do you have on your database entry? (use database explorer to check it).

Regarding switching on/off the hardware to process routes: it is the first time we receive that complaint. Please send a detailed report to our support, by email, so we can add it to the V2.1 to-do list.

Adding to this our central db has now 20K flights listed. As we explained before we had totally cleaned it and it is being re-populated at a rate of 8000 flights/day. So to reach the level of 75K flights we had before we will have to wait a few more days.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »
Hi Dev - this has been discussed many times. This thread is typical: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1356.msg11237#msg11237.

I'm having to do this very regularly - about every 20 minutes, or more often if an interesting hardware flight appears without a route.

I do hope it will get fixed soon!

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 09:37:56 PM »
Copied and our support will take care of it.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »
Just a bit confusion by Development thinking it was another issue not related to network flights.

Don't worry we know about that bug. Once the network flights are getting routes from a full database then this issue won't be a large deal unless you have routes in your database which are not our server.

That can only be fixed with a software update and not something we can do on the network.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »
"We have on our central database EZY3211 listed as EGSS-LEPA. What do you have on your database entry? (use database explorer to check it).

Regarding switching on/off the hardware to process routes: it is the first time we receive that complaint. Please send a detailed report to our support, by email, so we can add it to the V2.1 to-do list.
"

Airnav, I don't think you read my post properly - I reported that the database is correct, it's the radar map that displays the wrong route.

And I didn't say I had to switch on and off the hardware, I said that I had to switch on and off Hardware processing (ticking/unticking that feature) which provides a temporary partial cure, and which you are aware of (and  which has been discussed at length on this forum).

I wanted to know if the changes you have made server-side were expected to cure these problems, or whether we are still waiting for a software fix.

DC

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »
We understood it now after getting the report from our support. No problem with this one. It is on the to-do list for V2.1.

dumpty

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 07:20:01 AM »
Am I the only user who hasn't noticed any increase in route information in the network flights?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »
dumpty, I'm seeing a lot more aircraft with routes in the network flights.  Which country are you looking at?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:54:07 AM by tarbat »

Deadcalm

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 09:35:39 AM »
Dumpty, you are not alone - I notice that there are still a large number of flights without route information here in France - even flights by UK operators which emanate from (or are returning to) the UK.

Airnav say they can't guarantee route information for every flight, which isn't unreasonable, although as this product is sold world-wide I would have thought that it would be useful if foreign operators' flight details could be readily available, too.

Don't know what the answer is, but it would seem from reports on this forum that there appears to be more route information available with the competitor's unit, for some reason...

DC

Blackthorn

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
At the moment I am tracking 76 flights in MyFlights but only 4 are showing route information.

I know I have seen better than this.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:41:06 AM by Blackthorn »