AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Real Flight / Network Flight problem.  (Read 4160 times)

Dan

Real Flight / Network Flight problem.
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:56:17 PM »
Hi all .

I seem to have a problem with the conversion from Real Flight  to  Network Flight .
When a Real Time Flight is going out of range and disappears ,  it does not  reappear  on the map as a Network Flight .
Only when unchecking  " Process Hardware Flights"   in  " My flights " those flights  show up again on the display as Network Flights ( asterix) . After enabling again " Process Hardware Flights " they stay displayed . 

The other way around everything works ok . As soon as a Network Flight comes into range and is received in real time it is displayed  as a Real Time Flight with the normal 5 minutes jump .

I am located near  EBOS  and I checked this  with flights to and from the  UK , so in a good  covered area .
I also took into account the usual 5 minutes delay in Network Flights.

Am I missing something ?
Please advise .Thanks.
Dan.

AirNav RadarBox 2009.
Software versiion date : 2008-08-19  19:01:30.
External Wimo GP-1090  with pre-amplifier.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Real Flight / Network Flight problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:13:03 PM »
Hi Dan,

Are you sure your not getting the aircraft by that its Mode-S so that while its not appearing on your map, it is in the list.

Network has been by lots of customers over the last year and half and the conversion from network to local and local to network has been tested many times and confirmed to work.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tailwinds

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »
I have experienced the same as Dan. When an aircraft on departure is approaching the line of the Polar area, it will disappear (naturally), but does not appear on the map as a Network flight (allowing for the delay of course), unless I also do what Dan does as well, ie, uncheck the "Process Hardware Flights" and then check it again. If I don't do that then they will sometimes reappear but not until a good 30 minutes has passed.
I first noticed this recently on a couple of occasions when tracking the departing A380 from Heathrow. Once it left my Polar area on it's route ((just pass Lambourne), I did not track it again as a Network Flight until it reached the Netherlands.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

Deadcalm

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:55 AM »
Me too.  This seems part and parcel of the routes problems I have experienced.  The turning on and off of "Process Hardware Flights" seems to be a workaround for several similar problems, but is a bit of a pain.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:39:07 PM »
We apologize for not having these problems corrected (as promised last week).

Our support team is preparing a document with all the pending problems (which fortunately are just a few as the software is very stable since V2009). Once we have that document we will start working on V2.1 by correcting those problems and work on others.

Again and as always we are here to have this application meeting users needs and we will do all we can to implement extra features.

Dan

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:01:34 PM »
AirNav Development,

As Tailwinds and Deadcalm confirmed  it happens with  ADS-B  aircraft 
I forgot to mention that I am experiencing  that problem on two different PC's running WinXp . Tomorrow I will check it on my laptop under Windows Vista.
I am confident that you will resolve that problem in a near future. I appreciate enourmesly the support and help you are providing on a already supperb piece of hard-  and software.

Best Rgds
Dan.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »
Network only shows ADS-B aircraft so thats not a hard to deduce :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Dan

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
Deadcalm and Tailwinds ,

Thank you both for your reply .

I will check if after a longer period of time ( > 30 mins ) they will reappear on my screen.
Up to now it triggered my attention when  checking  flights descending into  EGLL coming from Europe . I am confident that AirNav will find a solution for this minor but anoying problem.

Best Regards,
Dan.

Tailwinds

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 05:29:51 PM »
Dan....

Yes, it is frustrating but Airnav have acknowledged the situation and said that the problem, along with one or two others will be corrected in the next version. Hopefully, that wont be too far away.

Best regards.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!