AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox for sale  (Read 12015 times)

bigal993

Radarbox for sale
« on: October 28, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »
Evening chaps,
I am selling my Radarbox after it recieving very little use and me selling the Ubox it is now no good to me.
I bought it at the end of April and if I am honest it has hardly used, I would guess 7-8 times tops, so a maximum usage of a couple of hours.
I will be sad to see it ago as I am sure you are aware it is a great piece of kit, but it isn;t compatible with my macbook and running it in a virtual machine is not practical.

It is in excellent condition with all the usual things e.g antenna, cables, install disc etc.

With regards to price, make me an offer. I have no idea what it is worth second hand but looking at ebay they sell for £400 as I believe that is retail.
If you like I canput some pictures up with todays date or todays newspaper on to prove I am genuine if you are wary about my low feedback also I could provide confirmation of my 100% feedback ebay account (around 160 feedback) by emailing you from it. Also, the guy who bought the Ubox off me would vouch for me I am sure.

I am in Chester if you would like to collect I have no problem with that and could even provide a demo using the virtual machine if required.
I'm fairly sure I put the latest update on the last time I used it, I could connect it back up and check if required. It is in its box ready to go.
Email, PM or post any questions.
Thanks
Daniel

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Radarbox for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »
Hi Daniel, I'm possibly interested, has the network account been activated, and if so, when?    How much are you asking - I'm not prepared to get into blind bidding, unless it's on eBay!    Put a fair price on it and I'll buy it.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

bigal993

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »
£315 delivered next day?

Tailwinds

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:09:07 AM »
Hi Daniel..

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you want to get rid of your box? I mean..400 quid brand new is not an amount you would spend lightly without being sure. I appreciate you saying that it's not compatible with your macbook but then you must of known that when you purchased your box. Couldn't you not have invested in a cheapish but compatible laptop with XP on it? Anyway, good luck with your sale.

Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

mjleprix

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »
Hi
For £275 I'll be in Chester on Sunday to check it out,but that's as much as I'll offer.
Thanks
Mike

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
AirNav Support, here's an easy question for you.   You've previously answered that with a RB sold second hand, any unused period of Network access moves with the box, but what about warranty?   I assume you give a 12 month parts and labour guarantee, but is that only valid for the original purchaser?   Both these questions could go in FAQ, as more second hand units become available.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »
Warranty is 2 years. Its valid from the day it was first bought for 2 years, it doesn't matter who is using it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bigal993

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »
Hi
For £275 I'll be in Chester on Sunday to check it out,but that's as much as I'll offer.
Thanks
Mike

No thank you :)

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »
Warranty is 2 years. Its valid from the day it was first bought for 2 years, it doesn't matter who is using it.

Many thanks for that information AN.

bigal993

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »
Hi Daniel..

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you want to get rid of your box? I mean..400 quid brand new is not an amount you would spend lightly without being sure. I appreciate you saying that it's not compatible with your macbook but then you must of known that when you purchased your box. Couldn't you not have invested in a cheapish but compatible laptop with XP on it? Anyway, good luck with your sale.

Hi,
No I don't mind you asking at all, originally my plan was to get a media pc running XP in my room however, that fizzled out  so the next best thing was to use a ubox and a virtual machine running on the mac to run the Radarbox program.
In the end this was impractical and I just got a bit fed up to be honest as the virtual machine runs in a window and the screen is just too small to justify it.
Therefore I am selling it so someone can make proper use of it.

Tailwinds

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 07:57:15 AM »
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for you the way you expected.  I can only assume that it can't be easy selling something like the Radar box as it's such a niche market.

Regards.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

bigal993

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »
£300 delivered?

bigal993

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
I will be giving it away soon!

£280 delivered?

bigal993

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »
Any interest before eBay?

ACW367

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »
Bigal
Have you tried selling it on the SBS forum. I think everyone on here has one. People on that forum may be looking for the upgrade from their systems ;-)

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/index.php