AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download  (Read 105866 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »
Hello All. We are aware of these problems and we are optimizing the code and make more tests.

Brisbane

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »
Hi all, downloaded the patch and now program does not run at all. At least before I did at least get 15-30 mins of enjoyment with it, now cannot get the hardware to connect at all! Tried reinstalling the software and using system restore to try and get things back to prior the patch, but won't work at all. Total frustration!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
As you would have updated your firmware for the RadarBox you will need to use the latest version. Go through the install steps again as mentioned at the start of this post. Ensure you follow them thoroughly then try. If it does not work trying restarting.

Ensure the RadarBox is connected throughout the update.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Brisbane

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:08 PM »
Tried reinstalling but having no success. Can you go through the process step-by-step for me to ensure I've downloaded and installed patch correctly. 

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2007, 12:04:23 AM »
Can you do confirm the following:

When you run RadarBox 2007 and go to Help -> About menu it says version 1.1
During the patch update, did it tell you that firmeware had been updated?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 06:27:12 AM »
Tried reinstalling but having no success. Can you go through the process step-by-step for me to ensure I've downloaded and installed patch correctly. 

Brisbane,

There are 2 distinct steps here.  One is copying the unzipped files to your RB directory as described below.  The second is the updating of the chip in your RadarBox "box" so that it works with the new software.  This is done by running the 1.01.0.exe which is one of the files you have unzipped to the RB directory and watching the DOS window as the "firmware" upgrade takes place when you press the Page Up key.  I'm assuming that you are running Windows XP and that you understand this so far - if not, let me know.  Detailed instructions are shown below:

Download Instructions:
a) Download the beta files from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrb11beta0.zip

b) Extract all these files to your RadarBox root folder (usually "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"). Overwrite the existing files.

c) First you need to do the firmware upgrade. Be sure the RadarBox Hardware is properly connected to your computer and that the RadarBox 2007 software is closed. Run the 1.01.0.exe file. A DOS window and prompt will appear. Press the "Page UP" key on your keyboard. The new firmware will be uploaded to the box. After it finishes click ESC.

d) Now run ANRB.exe. This is the new RadarBox 2007 executable. The first time you use it loading could take some time (not more than 15 secs - this is because of database upgrades).

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:34:26 AM by Allocator »

Brisbane

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 11:56:28 AM »
I cannot read below the web address, it looks as if it gives a version number but is blanked off.

Brisbane

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »
Further to my last post, when I use the DOS it still gives the new version as 1.01.0.

Allocator

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
I cannot read below the web address, it looks as if it gives a version number but is blanked off.

Brisbane,

Any joy with the detailed instructions in my last post?

The 1.01.0.exe file you can see when you look in DOS is the file you have to run to upgrade the firmware.  Come out of DOS, use Windows explorer to view the RadarBox directory, then double click on the 1.01.0.exe file to run the firmware upgrade.  Then press the Page Up key and then press Esc when the DOS window shows the update is complete.

Allocator
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:06:10 PM by Allocator »

Brisbane

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 12:32:42 PM »
Hi allocator, seems the problem is with software installation. Could you tell me step-by-step instructions on how to overwrite the existing files. Know I sound thick, but would sooner get this right than chuck the PC out the window!

Allocator

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »
No problem Brisbane,

I'll assume that you are using Winzip and Windows XP, if not then let me know.

- Download the arnb11beta0.zip file and save it somewhere that you can find it again - your Desktop maybe.

- Open arnb11beta0.zip, the zip file contains the following files:

ARNB.exe
crc.dll
FTD2XX.dll
1.01.0.exe

These 4 fliles need to go to your Radarbox directory, which should be:

C:/Program Files/AirNav Systems/AirNav RadarBox 2007/

so, in Winzip:

- select all 4 files (control and single click on each one until they are all highlighted)

- Click on "Extract"

- find the RB directory as shown above

- make sure that the option "Overwrite existing files" is ticked in Winzip

- Click "Extract"

Now, shut down Winzip and using Explorer, navigate to the RB directory.  You will have a whole bunch of files there probably starting with:

AirNav RadarBox 2007 Manual.pdf
and ending with
unins000.exe

You should also see the new files you have extracted from the Zip file. To check that you have the right ones, select View/Details from the Explorer menu bar.  Look for:

arnb.exe    1,695kb  dated 07/08/2007 02.34

crc.dll         208kb    dated 02/08/2007 01:42

FTD2XX.dll   198kb   dated 27/06/2007 14:10

1.01.0.exe   160kb   dated 01/08/2007 19:19

Let me know if you get this far OK.

Brisbane

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2007, 02:31:27 PM »
Hi allocator, got it working somehow, whether I've installed correctly I don't know. Did get a blue shutdown message on my PC when I came back after 1/2hr so don't know. Got to go out now, so will try your instructions out and will be back in touch later. Am running XP and Winzip by the way.

Brisbane

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2007, 10:45:23 PM »
Hi allocator, checked my files as suggested and it looks as though they are the same values as you gave me. Without tempting fate it has been running OK so far so fingers crossed.
Hav'nt run it for a long  time yet, so time will tell if the shutdown problem fixed. Thanks for your help, I may come back to you if everything goes haywire again.

Allocator

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2007, 07:57:29 AM »
Brisbane,

That's good news.  Now that you've seen that you have the correct files, all you need to do is to see if you have updated the firmware.

Make sure that the RadarBox intself is connected to your PC, and shut down the RadarBox program.

Whilst viewing the RadarBox directory as you did to make sure you had the correct files:

- double click on the 1.01.0.exe file

- a DOS window will open

- press the "Page Up" key on your keyboard

- wait for the DOS program to run - just a few seconds, this is the chip in the RadarBox being upgraded.

- press the "Escape" key on your keyboard.

- Run RadarBox as normal

If you get an error message when you try to run the 1.01.0.exe program and your RadarBox is connected, then you have already upgraded the firmware.  You can't do this twice as far as I'm aware, so I don't think that it won't do any harm if you run it twice, you'll just get an error message.

I'm sure that AirNav Support will correct me if I've got anything wrong here.

Brisbane

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
Hi allocator, after a time my PC crashes. It did it yesterday and again today. Just wondered if yours is doing the same, might be the roundabout way I managed to get it working. Going out into the wind and rain now, but will try installing the way you have given me. The DOS file must have been OK, as it was not working beforehand, anyway will give another try later.