anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download  (Read 105836 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2007, 11:58:38 PM »
Restart the computer and try the upgrade procedure again then inform of us of what the version of RadarBox 2007 you are using. Make sure you already had Version 1 and the drivers fully installed before attempting the update and that RadarBox is connected.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »
The Gatwick Aviation Society (GAS) automatic database populate is working very well with Beta11.  I must admit, although I knew that the link had been set up, I hadn't really noticed it working!

Find an aircraft in your lists without a registration, in either the MyFlights or Network aircraft list, then click on that aircraft in the list.  The message "Downloading Photo" appears, then the aircraft type and registration appears in the list - excellent!

Whilst there is still the odd aircraft that isn't in the GAS database - which is being constantly updated - the vast majority are there.  Well done AirNav and the Gatwick Aviation Society.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »
Strange isn't it - this site has been very quiet as far as patch 1 and the upgrade for a while, yet there are still some of us out here who are not getting value for money from the purchase.  Promises of things to come don't account for much - it is actions and actual provision of the solutions that do.....

I wanted a radar box from the first time I saw it, although I have an SBS1.

My SBS1 is on most days from 06:00 to 22:00 and the only times it has crashed have been down to me, and in total is only about 4 or 5 in 10 months.  My radar box is always switched on at the same time, with the intent of mirroring what the SBS1 is doing. I have not yet managed to keep it running more than 5 hours..... Some days iy will go 4 to 5 before crashing others only 30 minutes to an hour. 

It is so frustrating, so please AirNav, no more promises for the future just deliver NOW.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2007, 03:01:28 PM »
Hi Roadrunner,

We understand your situation and we apologise profusely regarding the situation. The reason we are holding back the patch is so we don't release another version and have the same issues again.

Therefore making sure its robust otherwise we will be allowing our customers to download it and be disappointed and the same process again.

What I can tell you, is that internally we are testing a version which has been running for a few days now without any issue. We want to let it running now for week or more so we can confirm that there are no issues.  Once that is done we will get ready to release it.

Once again we apologise to those who have these issues for inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
[email protected]

FFM

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
Hello Airnav Support,

I am also getting frustrated. I got my Radarbox last week and the Flight Tracking program simply does not connect to the hardware. This has been tested on two PC and one Laptop now. The eMails are going back and forth about my Operating System, about providing the elf information, etc. But in one week no solid information on how to fix the problem!
I agree, you are fast in responding to eMails, but this does not help much if you can not provide a solution to the problem.

Airnav Team, please look into the hardware disconnect issues as your first priority and provide a fix as soon as possible. I am also willing to test any beta versions before you post it officially. It also would help if you simply provide a debug / test program if it is the FTDI driver or the Flight Tracking software itself.
However, I would like to get the return of my investment now...

Thank you for your understanding and collaboration!
FFM

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »
Hi FFM,

Your issue is different from others on this topic here who are having intermittent disconnects and crashes. In your case it seems there is conflict somewhere on your machine by either a software or a driver as you mentioned to us it did run on clean XP version fine.

Can you upgrade your firmware to beta available at the start of this thread? Have then you then tried running 1.1 beta?
[email protected]

doro

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »

Just release it as a Beta and get us involved. There is no way you can foresee all the issues. Ronald www.atcbox.com

FFM

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
I tried 1.0 and 1.1 with and without the firmware upgrade. No success.
Only on a clean XP it did work in a virtual environment. But this is not a solution! Who can
effort just one machine with a clean XP dedicated just to the Radarbox? I can't...
Please release either a debug program or a new beta version to overcome the issues.
As you see from other users as well, many are willing to beta test and many are looking forward to get the issues resolved...

Thank you!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:57 PM »
Hi Doro, FFM

We will release it as soon as we are happy that the major issues are rectified. The latest release is a beta and we have had feedback however we want the major issues fully rectified for the next beta or final release.

FFM:

At the moment you are the only user who is experiencing this problem. Other customers who cannot connect are usually rectified with another RadarBox in case one has got damaged in transit or its faulty.

The rest of our customers are not using a "clean" version of windows and they can connect fine. Hence we believe something is installed on your two machines which is causing conflict. Mostly likely any other USB products or any software which uses USB connections, please either pm me or contact support with any details you can give us so we can recreate the issues on our computers.

Also please note version 1.1 will only work once you have upgraded the firmware. You cannot use version 1 when you have upgraded the firmware.
[email protected]

FFM

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2007, 09:39:22 PM »
Hello Support Team,

I did already eMail you and gave you all the details you asked for. Until now, I did not get any advise on how to solve the issue other than installing beta 1.1 and restarting the machine. Please get back to me by eMail and let me know if the issue is the FTDI driver or the Flight Tracking software. It would also be nice to have a debug program or similar to isolate the problem.

I agree, I can not get the hardware connected in general - while other users get at least somewhat a connection established. However, it appears to me that there is a general connection problem with your software (or the driver) as other users report as well...

FFM

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2007, 09:51:49 PM »
Support has emailed you.

In the latest beta the connection if lost should reconnect. This is being further tested now to remove and any disconnections which can be maintained. What the major issue in the beta is the crashing which occurs on some customers computers.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 02:34:02 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
Just read the report in the September Radio User magazine and it concludes with the words

" ....The unit I've been using is a preview sample and it's still at the beta testing stage. As soon as a production model is available, I'll bring you a full review....."

That seems to imply that all those around  at present (and the one that I paid £479 for) are are pre-production models.....

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2007, 04:40:34 PM »
None of the RadarBox products are beta which were sold to customers. Only the latest software patch is beta. Some customers have got confused seeing this post and thought it is beta product. It is NOT a beta product.

[email protected]

HH

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a flight tracker box like RadarBox or SBS-1. As I was looking for more information from users I found this thread. Now I'm asking me (and you) why I should buy the new RadarBox still with beta software and - as it seems - some more problems instead of buying a mature SBS-1 System?

Beside I don't need a network access for worldwide flight tracking.

Sorry for being a bit offtopic ;)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2007, 05:37:43 PM »
Hi Mark_hh

Firstly the beta software is only if you have issues with the software included in the RadarBox. The vast majority of customers are not having problems and currently using version 1. Furthermore version 1.1 will be released in a few weeks.

Compared to SBS, RadarBox is much more advanced:

- Photos
- Updated Aircraft Database
- Route Information
- Polar Diagram
- Alerts
- Network free for a year
- Independent dealers have stated its has better reception
- Portable device compared to SBS

All of the above is available as soon as you start RadarBox and does not need lots of configuring or detailed computer knowledge to setup which is not case for SBS.

A mature SBS-1 system has it downsides as it seems they have stopped developing, while RadarBox is continually looking for requests from customers as well as a great support. Nearly all the requests we had from version 1 have been added to version 1.1.

Hope that helps. Feel free to email us if you have any further questions.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 05:41:34 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]