anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download  (Read 105858 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2007, 12:07:39 PM »
Must be having a bad day today. Radar Box has stopped on me three times in as many hours. The only saving grace so far is that it has just stopped - showing Hardware not connected but needs shutting and opening to get it back up and running.  I have done one thing differently today - that is in the first session I had the Network running but I ashut that down after 20 minutes and it stopped working 10 minutes later.  The next session - local traffic only was 36 minutes and the 3rd session 42 minutes. Computer = ToshibaSatellite Pro L100 868 RAM inbuilt wi-Fi. All battery saving devices off including USB.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2007, 12:44:48 PM »
Hi Roadrunner,

Can you try changing the screen refresh time in preferences and see whether that helps? (make the refresh rate slower by increasing that vlaue)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »
Hi Roadrunner,

Can you try changing the screen refresh time in preferences and see whether that helps? (make the refresh rate slower by increasing that vlaue)

Guess what - I took your advice and changed the setting to 4000. I used the "Apply" and "OK" buttons and left it running.  I could see no change in the speed of the movement on screen and after 20 minutes it crashed anyway with a serious system error. I have restarted and it shows the 4000 as the speed but I cannot count more than "one" between each on-screen movement - which I assume equals to refresh rate.  I did a similar thing to my SBS1 and changed the refresh rate to 4 secs and I could see an immediate slow down.
So what is going on - I am running patch 1.

Update - It has crashed twice more, both times showing a serious system failure.  I have removed almost everything from my laptop and it is vertually only running for Radarbox. I also have a 20mb broadband connection and watching it looking for photos shiows it is only tacking milliseconds to search and find. Any chance of having the additional patch that is supposed to stop all these disconnections?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:35:34 AM by Roadrunner »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
Can anyone confirm installing the patch on Vista?
[email protected]

Roadrunner

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »
I do not know if this is relevant but today I managed 6 strait hours of reception without a glitch, then I went away and came back to the dreaded blue screen. It was telling me of a major system malfunction and the interesting thing was the detail for the failurew - which was as follows.

ftdibus.sys - Address F8C87CF4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xFC8C87CF4.

Have decided to quit while I am ahead for today and not reboot or restart. Will have another play tomorrow.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2007, 05:55:42 PM »
We have found the issue and working to eradicate it. If you get any further error messages then please pass them to support.
[email protected]

Bill

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2007, 07:33:19 PM »
I have decided to hang on until the full upgrade is available rather than risk the beta......so 2 questions : 1) how much longer do I have to keep away from the download button - its getting more and more difficult to resist; 2) has the rather frustrating habit of the interface vertical cursor (slider) to return to the centre position been rectified ?? I sometimes wonder where all the contacts have gone and find that they are all hiding at the top of the screen ! I have looked at the first post describing the improvements but cannot see it as an action.

Regards

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »
Hi Bill,

The scroll bar fix should be in the next version. It was marked as being less of priority fix but should be done in the next one.

The next version has unfortunately been delayed a few weeks. This is because we want to gather as much feedback or bugs (whether happening in version 1 or 1.1beta) before releasing either a beta or the final patch. Furthermore it is being tested by a few customers at present so when going out to the public it should be more robust.

Hope that helps.

[email protected]

Bill

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2007, 08:02:51 PM »
Excellent - judging by other posts, there are definitely more pressing issues than an errant scroll bar. Whether I manage to keep away from the download button for a few more weeks remains to be seen !

Regards

Roadrunner

« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2007, 08:22:26 AM »
Excellent - judging by other posts, there are definitely more pressing issues than an errant scroll bar. Whether I manage to keep away from the download button for a few more weeks remains to be seen !

Regards

Bill,

On balance, despite the problems I still have, I would go for the patch installation, warts and all. Despite the drop outs, when it is working I get loads more contacts than I did previously. For example, in the early days with my aerial on the widnow ledge next to my desk the most I could manage was around 40-45 contacts. Yesterday morning at around 11:00 I had 78 contacts with the aerial in the same place. At this moment in time (09:20 22/08/07) I have 57.  My time out for removal is only 3 minutes so it is not a case of lots of out-of-contact targets still on screen.  I also like the ability to zoom in closer and actually see the runway profiles at my 2 nearest airports. Luton (6nm) and Stansted (13nm).

Mike

Bill

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2007, 07:53:26 PM »
Mike, Thank you for tipping the balance...............here goes
I'll let you know what happens.

Regards

Bill

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2007, 08:13:36 PM »
He He.......magic..........message rate has trebled.....and I've got trails !!

Roadrunner

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »
He He.......magic..........message rate has trebled.....and I've got trails !!

And I bet you can see a blue sky ! , the sun ! , aircraft ! - havent even seen one on finals to Luton (only 2,800 feet above me) since last weekend. What a B****Y awful week @*!@@*!

Bill

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »
Well, actually.....yes....and there's more - no drop outs since my last post (almost 24 hours continuous) and I am just mesmerised by the message count, it's hovering regularly at 250 - 300 and a peak of 637 just now... and there's another one at 504..and another at 582.  I must say I do like to be able to distinguish between "my" aircraft and "yours".  Off to Aberdeen tomorrow, bet there won't be that many messages - but ACARS reception from the transantlantic flights is good.

Very sorry you had a bad week - but you've made mine !!
Regards

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2007, 09:33:15 PM »
I have upgraded the firware and all I get is the 2 lights flashing together and canot connect via the software.
I have carefully done the upgrade several times and still no go help please

CHRIS @ ML&S