AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download  (Read 105677 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »
squawk code

I know what "squawk code" means. What I do not understand is the cohesion with this program. Hope to get some clou.

John,

Hello again.  What Palmall68 is asking for is the option to put the 4 figure squawk code (0000-7777) in the Alert tab so that he can get alerts on certain aircraft.  Some ATC units use a group of SSR squawk codes, so he might enter 23* to alert on 2322, 2345, 2355 etc

tvcmh

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 05:47:51 PM »
The Mode S altitude readouts are nice, but I'd like to be able to sort MyFlights based on their total numerical value versus the first digit.  Right now a flight at 1400ft displays between a flight at 13000 and one at 15000.

Also, an option to display only one aircraft photo would give more room for route information on the right margin.

Allocator

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »
The Mode S altitude readouts are nice, but I'd like to be able to sort MyFlights based on their total numerical value versus the first digit.  Right now a flight at 1400ft displays between a flight at 13000 and one at 15000.

Good point, I hadn't noticed that one as I don't tend to sort by altitude.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2007, 07:03:36 PM »
The doubling of the number of photos was interesting but is it really necessary?  I was quite happy with the single one we used to have and as tvcmh has stated it uses space that could be used for something else. Also, have you seen how quick the file grows - thats without having 2  of each.  In under a week radarbox has generated 5,448 files size 52.6Mb.

DaveG

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »
Anyone having issues with RB screen freezing and not updating.  Only happened three times since beta patch but never before?
Cornwall, UK

Allocator

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 08:33:54 PM »
The doubling of the number of photos was interesting but is it really necessary?  I was quite happy with the single one we used to have and as tvcmh has stated it uses space that could be used for something else. Also, have you seen how quick the file grows - thats without having 2  of each.  In under a week radarbox has generated 5,448 files size 52.6Mb.

It is a pain to have to move the edge of the aircraft window to the right to see the route details to the right of the right hand picture - this reduces the map window size.  Yes, I'd be more than happy with just one picture as before.

DaveG

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »
What would be better is having the window undocked and allow positioning/sizing outside of the main program window like other applications.  (example adobe products)
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:03 AM »
Dave,

Re the freezing. Mine did it once since the patch but my main concern is that every day the program has crashed and caused a message re a significant system failure. This throws me out of RB and I have to restart.  There are lots of goodies but the stability of the program is paramount.

I am rather concerned as well that a couple of things I have said I cant do (change trail length and get station names to stay in memory) have got a reply to effect that they can be changed but - and it is a big but - It dosen't appear to allow me to do it on my machine..........  It would appear that defaults rule OK and I have followed all the instructions.  Mine will not always retain the map that I was using on a pprevious visit!.  THat is also after I do actually get to log out from the program sometimes

Protzenalp

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2007, 11:44:55 AM »
The crashing is a real pita. I get the blue screen with a FTDIBUS failure at least twice a day since I installed the patch. I am really not happy  :)

Allocator

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »
The crashing is a real pita. I get the blue screen with a FTDIBUS failure at least twice a day since I installed the patch. I am really not happy  :)

Hang on in there, I'm using the next version of the beta patch due to be released soon and I haven't suffered one hardware disconnect or crash on either the desktop PC or the laptop.  The desktop PC was suffering disconnects all the time, patch 1 was a great improvement, but this version seems much better again.  I left the desktop running all last night (9 hrs) and it was still running a treat in the morning :-)

DaveG

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »

Hang on in there, I'm using the next version of the beta patch due to be released soon and I haven't suffered one hardware disconnect or crash on either the desktop PC or the laptop.  The desktop PC was suffering disconnects all the time, patch 1 was a great improvement, but this version seems much better again.  I left the desktop running all last night (9 hrs) and it was still running a treat in the morning :-)

Same here, 18hrs running :) touch wood...
Did have one disconnect at 18hrs but it reconnected okay on its own.
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
Glad to hear it. By a process of elimination, mine seems to be needing more internet time and it appears to crash if I have a problem with my internet connection. I have just got a new modem and 20mb broadband and in the six hours so far that I have had it nothing has disconnected - and that is unusual. I have SBS1 running on one PC and the RB on my laptop. When I switched on first time after upgrade I did notice that it had around 20 photo hits waiting to connect but it got though those in very quick time. Maybe things are looking up.

Protzenalp

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2007, 06:58:30 AM »
Right in the middle of writing an e-mail that I had already spent 15 minutes on and the *&%$#$% machine has a fatal failure and restarts my computer. Well, it's goimg back in its box until this fault is fixed. I am totally cheesed off with it!

:(

dermjohn

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2007, 08:26:49 AM »
Same here, after the new patch, my computer crashes after 5-15 min. Before there were diconnections but no system fealures. So I dont't use it at all now. Please hurry up with the next patch...

paagats

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2007, 10:31:47 AM »
Suffered the same problem here; yesterday my pc came up with stop error - hardware device and just re-started the PC. Today on my laptop, running fine all day, went to have some tea came back to a blank screen. Usually when you exit RB it saves what is in MyLog but when this error happens all entries for the day are lost - very disappointing.