anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download  (Read 105827 times)

doro

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2007, 06:16:42 PM »
Hi Mark_hh,

I have both. Buy the Airnav if you have the patience to wait for the issues to resolve.

I trust the Airnav guys to get it going (better make sure you do ;) !

Ronald ATCbox.com

dermjohn

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2007, 07:09:44 PM »
I want to say that I am one of those.."some"? or more...that have the crash problem with the software. I was forced to format my PC after the last crash. Of course the major issue remains and after that. The same in my second PC, the same with my labtop. So I do not use it anymore. I cannot use something that I paid 700+ euros.
 I bought that stuff to enjoy traffic during summer, as I live in Crete-Greece with a lot of charter traffic, taking off and landing over my house during the tourist season. That means that after October will be only a few local flights to Athens. That means that I lost untill now the month (August) with the most intense traffic. I asked Airnav support to -at least- do a beta testing to the patch that they test right now, claiming that it is stable,just to be able to open the software and to stay opened for more than 10 minutes. They answered that beta testers are customers who have bought more than five!! radarboxes, and that will be released in a few??? weeks!!.
Airnav support ,I don't care now for other features right now. Just release a stable patch as soon as possible. Instead of testing it for weeks with a few beta testers, give us to test. You have to understand that we gave our money and we do NOTHING with what we received.
A very disappointed customer

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »
Hi dermjohn,

I am sorry you have such trouble and we can only apologise. As mentioned in a earlier post we do not want to release another version and for you to have the same issue again as that would be a step back.

Hence we want to make sure the major bugs are rectified before releasing it.
I am sorry but after the last beta release we do not want to go through the same story again.

The patch is going through internal testing and we hope to have it released as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and once again apologise.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:22:09 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

dermjohn

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »
How you can be so sure that the problem will be solved? What if not? From the beginning again waitnig one more month? Give it now and WE will tell if its ok or not. It will be beta 1.2 just for testing. Where is the problem? Just a version with the same features just supposed to be stable. Except if you don't have found a way to solve the problem yet...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2007, 07:39:42 PM »
Hi dermjohn,

We have recreated the issue on our machines and at the moment testing the software. The issue was related to driver/software instability on some setups.

So far its been running without any fault for 3+ days on our testing machines and we want to keep it running for a week therefore proving to us that the issue has been resolved.

We will only release it once we are satisfied that the issue is corrected otherwise we will be disappointing you again. It is final testing phase so it should not be too long now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 08:19:50 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

FFM

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
Hello Support Team,

I agree with dermjohn and the other users. How can you be sure to test for the different environments if you do not let us (the users having the problems) test together with you the new release? As you pointed out to me, I am the only one having the hardware problem with no connection at all (for me it works only on a clean VMware XP system). But I tried version 1 and 1.1 on three different machines without success. How can I (or you) be sure that the new release will work, if I (or the other users) can not test it before it is officially released? Should we wait then another couple of weeks to get another update which may (or may not) work??? Currently I have a black box for over 700 EUR which I can not use at all!

I am really confused about your support strategy...?!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »
Hi FFM,

Your situation is different and we are dealing with you directly please check your email.

The testing process is rigours and does use different OS environment's as well as locations to cope with high/low amount of traffic. We have found the issue and rectified so it should not cause an issue once released.
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2007, 08:14:56 PM »
Development Team here with the latest (good) news.

During the last 3 weeks we have been extremelly busy with the development of Beta 2. The major problem we have been concerned with has been the HW disconnects.

Official explanation: as you all know AirNav RadarBox system is made of a software (AirNav RadarBox 2007), Hardware (the box itself) and a connection between these two. We have had problems with this connection which as resulted in the developer of the drivers (a major HW development company) to release a new version 2 weeks ago after many emails changed between us and them.

We have been testing them extensively during the last 2 weeks and we have the good news that we were able to maintain a live connection for more than 5 consecutive days that never crashed. We are please to say that in all the computers we tested, with extremelly high traffic density (sometimes with up to 1400 ADS-B msgs/sec), the connection is now 100% stable.

Today we have started the work of ading all this new software to the main application and we should have some good news (beta 2 released) between Monday and Wednesday next week.

After you all test it we will then finally be able to release PATCH 1.

Why so much time to correct this issue you may ask: because it depends on external companies who had to make several tests before sending the final drivers to us, because we had to test them in detail, day after day, this error happens randomly so sometimes we had to wait for hours to start the debugging process.

So all this problems are finally coming to and end. In the meanwhile we have also added some new features to the final software. :-)

Tks again for your patience. Like any other machine, aircraft or software AirNav RadarBox first 2 months ere of extreme work to address all the reported issues.
We are here to turn RadarBox into the aircraft tracking software available not only for enthusiasts but also to airlines and airports.

Keep your suggestions coming and you will see that we are here to mplement them.

DaveG

« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
very good news - thanks :)
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
I will watch this space with added interest.  I must appear to be very negative with my comments but I do want to use Radarbox but have been frustrated at every turn.

Anyway, enough of that.  Two things that I think are needed, urgently, as enhancements are - The ability to change the setting from always pointing to the . North. From my study window I can see down the extended centre line to runway 26 at Luton (approx 254 bearing) I would like to be able to set that as the direction currently "north".  Secondly, we have got the altitude now shown for mode-S traffic but it is not a numeric field and it is impossible to sort properly by altitude (It needs to be numeric to do this?).

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »
Hi Roadrunner,

We understand those two issues. They both have been mentioned earlier will be addressed in the patch however we cannot promise the direction change.

Our first priority is the get the fixes on items which are causing serious issues. We will then move on to the rest.
[email protected]

doro

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
Development Team,

Next week. Great! Please keep informing us and let us know if we can do anything to help you solve the issues.

First fixing the current application seems sensible to me.

Ronald

walfisch

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »
Hello Airnav-Team, do you have anything corrected in the beta-download. Because I have to reinstall the hole programm, and since then (sunday afternoon today) the program runs like a mercedes ;-)
More than 2 hours I watch now without crash. I also use in the same time different kinds of other programs. When I do this before, I can be shure, that this the running RB not survived.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2007, 08:06:58 PM »
The beta fixed issues on some computer and brought in issues on others. Anyhow the latest beta which should be out this week should correct them on all computers.
[email protected]

walfisch

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
OK, Thank you. But I have reinstall the actual beta twice ;-)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 09:06:26 PM by walfisch »