AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem installing airnav radarbox in vista 64 bit  (Read 14466 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Problem installing airnav radarbox in vista 64 bit
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 09:42:49 AM »
We hope to have the drivers with the new version. I know its annoying but the blame lies with microsoft.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

dca

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »
Thanks AirNav & understand the Microsoft problem. Is there any update on when to expect a new version or a software update?
9 nm south of LGW

Falcon

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »
Hi,

Frustratingly, the way I have to get round this every time I start up my PC with 64bit Vista is to press F8 on start up and then when presented with a list of options scroll down and select 'disable driver signature enforcement'. Then, when launching ANRB I right click on the icon and select 'run as administrator'.
It runs fine then but it shouldn't be that complicated! Hopefully a solution will be found as promised.

I just typed out a different reply than this, but for lack of a better phrase, bit my tounge, until I hear from AirNav indicating whether they have the proper 64 bit drivers they indicated they would have "ready soon" back in October of 2008.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:10:51 PM by Falcon »

Falcon

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »
We hope to have the drivers with the new version. I know its annoying but the blame lies with microsoft.

Maybe you could explain that a bit better as there are some intelligent people around here that just don't see that as being entirely true. You knew what you were dealing with long before now and suddenly it's all Microsoft.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »
Falcon,

There are many posts on this on the forum regarding that. As well as the internet where many drivers cannot be used on Vista 64bit which has caused hassle for lots of people. This is not just related to us only.

Please have a search through them.
[email protected]

Falcon

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 04:45:13 PM »
Falcon,

There are many posts on this on the forum regarding that. As well as the internet where many drivers cannot be used on Vista 64bit which has caused hassle for lots of people. This is not just related to us only.

Please have a search through them.

The issue has to do with you supplying 64 bit drivers as you indicated you would quite some time ago and indicating to a customer they would be "ready soon". Are you telling me that you are not able to develop these drivers like thousands of other companies have managed to do? I like using flight simulators on my PC and just installed the 64 bit drivers for my $50.00 joystick. If a little mild sarcasm from my first post made you think I really needed help I apologize. What I was really thinking and expected from my experience around here was that you have not delivered the drivers that you indicated you would and left the customer(s) hanging out on a limb wondering whats is going on because they never heard back from you.

As an example:

On March 29th I received a reply from your technical support about your ongoing menu issue with the Radarbox software which to me is a serious issue in a piece of software. I was told it would be looked at and I quote "during this coming week". Have I heard anything back from you about this? The answer is NO. Wouldn't it be in any type of even mediocre customer service to keep the customer updated, and certainly reply in some fashion within what is now more than three weeks since I last heard anything from AirNav.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 04:50:16 PM »
We sincerly apologise you feel thay way.

Regarding the support ticket you sent. Please PM to us and we will see whats occuring regarding it.

Regarding the drivers, we are sorry that they were delayed but we do intend to release them with the new version which is being developed as I type.

Our customer service as shown on the forum is around quick for replies on the forum and vast majority we are helpfull and find and rectify the issue asp. In this case we can only apologise for the mishap. We are not only the first company to miss dealdline or to delay things, it shows we are not perfect like everyone else.
[email protected]

Falcon

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »
We sincerly apologise you feel thay way.
If you are listening and reading your customers comments, it's not just me that feels this way. You just had a customer today respond with the word "frustrating" over just this particular issue. Did you ever get back to him to keep him updated or just let it go hoping he wouldn't notice or say anything else.

Regarding the support ticket you sent. Please PM to us and we will see whats occuring regarding it.
The right thing to do would be for you to get back to me. You should also look through your records to find the other customers that are waiting to hear from you in regards to this matter. I know there are some as I have been communicating with them elsewhere.

Regarding the drivers, we are sorry that they were delayed but we do intend to release them with the new version which is being developed as I type.
It doesn't solve the issue, but at least its a straight forward reply (which is appreciated).

Our customer service as shown on the forum is around quick for replies on the forum and vast majority we are helpfull and find and rectify the issue asp. In this case we can only apologise for the mishap. We are not only the first company to miss dealdline or to delay things, it shows we are not perfect like everyone else.
Yes you can be helpful and your responses are generally prompt but I hope you understand the points I have made in my posts. It's not just me who feels or thinks what I have stated. I don't like referring to others but it's important you understand there are others with similar feelings and thoughts about your support, and it's important to your business for you to spend a little time considering the responses even though they may not agree with the way you want to run your business at the moment. Please take a little time to consider this as not everyone is willing to voice their opinions or thoughts in the same manner or at all even though they are thinking it.

I'll try to leave this alone for now and go back to enjoying my Radarbox.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:17:39 PM by Falcon »

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
Is the 'run as administrator' still a problem. I thought that v2.0 sorted that out?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 09:15:31 AM »
Version 2.0 did sort that out.
[email protected]

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers