AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyLog  (Read 13005 times)

abrad41

MyLog
« on: October 22, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
I am sorry to be a pain, But I will get my head round the Database one day.

What I would like to do is keep a record of all the aircraft I see through my antenna, but every month I would like to delete mylog details and keep monthly records as well as a total Database

I would like to be able to merge the logs of each month together as a total Database - is there any way of doing this - Tabat might have some ideas using SQLite Maestro, I have had a play with this, but with no success. Would Air Nav have any ideas.

Once again sorry

Andy

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: MyLog
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
Hi Andy

Possibly I'm misunderstanding what you want to do, but if you just leave the MyLog database (MyLog.db3) un-tampered with, that will be your "total database".

You can select any past month's data using the "From Date" and To "Date boxes", and you can export the data using the Tools menu as a CSV file for wrangling in Excel.

Do you want do do any more than that?

Rod
Rod

abrad41

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
Thanks Rod I do see were you are coming from.

I think the only thing on top of what you said, is too be able to fill in the blanks in a database away from the Air Nav - in a database on its own.

I think a lot of my thinking comes from the sbs-1, I think I have change my way thinking.

Sorry Mate

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
Hi Andy

I'm sure that a separate database could be fed by the CSV export from MyLog. I know nothing about SQLite but I'd be surprised if it couldn't import CSV's.

As to filling in the gaps, I'm sure you know that the Populate command in MyLog does its best to fill all the gaps when you run it. If you want anything more than that, I'm sure you will need to get to grips with SQLite!

BTW I believe that AirNav are working on being able to query the flights part of MyLog in the future - I find it frustrating not to be able to, for example, see what equipment has been used on a particular flight.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:37 PM »
We have many customers who have many different uses of the Log feature and we cannot cater for everyone unfourtanely.

The sqlite log was brought in so we could provide a interface so that customers who want further uses can run there own custom queries based on SQL.

Rod can you explain your last paragraph to us again, we are not aware of this (development may be though :) )
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
Hi Support

I seem to remember discussion some time ago (or was I just dreaming) about being able to select in MyLog by Flight No, so that we can see what aircraft have operated a particular route.

If this hasn't been mentioned in the past, can I please request it now? ;-)

Rod
Rod

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »
I am disappointed to find that the squawk info is not available in the MyLog report. Is it recorded in the log?

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 08:28:53 AM »
I find it frustrating not to be able to, for example, see what equipment has been used on a particular flight.
Easy in SQL to get a list sorted by callsign to see which aircraft have operated a particular flight (it's one of my regular queries):
SELECT
  Flights.Callsign,
  Flights.Registration,
  Aircraft.Airline,
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall,
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong,
  Flights.StartTime,
  Aircraft.ModeS
FROM
 Flights
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Aircraft ON (Flights.ModeS=Aircraft.ModeS)
ORDER BY
  Flights.Callsign,
  Flights.Registration

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »
I am disappointed to find that the squawk info is not available in the MyLog report. Is it recorded in the log?

It's not recorded in the log, and I can't see how it could be.  Surely the squawk code changes throughout a flight as the aircraft enters different air spaces?

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 08:55:08 AM »
It's not recorded in the log, and I can't see how it could be.  Surely the squawk code changes throughout a flight as the aircraft enters different air spaces?

You are right, the squawk does change with airspace, that's why it would be very handy for mil flights which don't transmit position data. It could be used to give an idea of which frequency to hear it on or even give a clue as to where it's landing.

As MyLog reports the first and last times an aircraft is seen it must discard all the information in between, but even having the squawk codes used on the first and last times seen would be very handy.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »
Yes, first and last squawk might be useful, worth requesting as a feature request.

The squawk code is listed in My Flights, so that helps you find the right frequency to listen to live.  And squawk code is included in the Recorder file, so you can import a recorder file into Excel to see which squawk codes a non-positional aircraft used during it's flight.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 09:50:06 AM »
Yes, I know the squawk is in My Flights, which is very useful when the station is manned.

What do you mean by the Recorder file? I used the Reporter to export a .csv file but it does not contain squawk info.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »
Recorder File = <File><Start Recording> on the menu bar.  That records to a .rbl file which is in CSV format, and includes all aircraft movements, including military.  A typical record looks like this:
20081023092333217,3C64C5,DLH408,35975,396.0,301.7,0,,55.5619,-3.5338,2523

I daily record the rbl file to a CF card.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »
Tarbat, many thanks. I thought that just recorded a video file for playback on the map. I'll give that a whirl.

Thanks again.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

RodBearden

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »
Tarbat - thanks for that SQL query.

Now we just need AirNav to build that into MyLog's filters ;-)

Rod

Rod