anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problems with vista?  (Read 4027 times)

midlincsflyer

problems with vista?
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »
Help, when I alter or update the database, photo folder, the airnave system just about gives up, it still runs, but will not give registrations only mode s and flight no if there is one. I have an advent 9112 running vista, which I do not recommend anybody buys!!!!!!!! When i do any of the above on my desktop, running XP, it all still runs great, but taking my desktop in the car or on holiday dose pose a few problems!!!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: problems with vista?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »
Can you explain what your changing and also whether you are using the 2009 version?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

midlincsflyer

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »
I mainly run airnav on my desktop and thus the database is continually updated and I use sqlite to modefy the database so I then copy navdata database to a memory stick and then put it into airnav 2009 on my lap top and thats when things go wrong.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:14:30 AM »
If you're running Vista, and have installed Airnav in the default installation location, you'll need to put the navdata database in the Virtual Store - C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data

My own preference is to NOT install Radarbox in the default installation location on Vista to avoid the Virtual Store complications.

NOTE TO AIRNAV SUPPORT - Is it worth having an FAQ for the Virtual Store issue?  It keeps getting asked, so a single FAQ on how to find the Virtual Store in Vista might be useful.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:21:46 AM by tarbat »

midlincsflyer

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »
Thanks for the info it has worked great, and I also think that a FAQ and Answer would be a very good suggestion, now off to learn a bit more SQL so I can get the database tidy, Thanks again.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »
Added to FAQ now.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]