AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: When i buy one...  (Read 8284 times)

peteeds

• RADIO AMATEUR (2W1FJZ - MW3PET )
Re: When i buy one...
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 05:05:05 PM »
Hy, Rod.  Yes,Yes, & Yes. I have a 40ft  Mast to the back of the house with the sbs1 external ant on it, also the Elad pre amp up there as well, Expensive low loss cable from there to the shack which is upstairs with a Jim m75 preamp to the box. I allways knew I would struggle from here ( Bottom of narrow valley)  but I have improved the system no end.  South, East & West about 65 miles but I lose out to the north with the horseshoe pass behind me, Yes the balugas fly directly over the house on occasions but they do vary their approach quite often some times further east but I should pick them up ok especially now with the R/Box & connect to the network. sbs1 now back in the box but I will keep it ???  .  Question, would I gain anything using the Moonraker ant as it is a bit longer in length thereby raising my horizon by a couple of feet. any way thanks for the response this seems to be a good forum with all the answers to any problems I may encounter.
Thanks    Peteeds  2W1 FJZ.

peteeds

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 05:18:25 PM »
Hi Peteeds and welcome!

Hope you've got a tall aerial mast - it's a bit hilly round you, isn't it?

Do you get Belugas looming over you? Looks like you might be on the approach to Hawarden there.

Rod

peteeds

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
Hy, Rod.  Yes,Yes, & Yes. I have a 40ft  Mast to the back of the house with the sbs1 external ant on it, also the Elad pre amp up there as well, Expensive low loss cable from there to the shack which is upstairs with a Jim m75 preamp to the box. I allways knew I would struggle from here ( Bottom of narrow valley)  but I have improved the system no end.  South, East & West about 65 miles but I lose out to the north with the horseshoe pass behind me, Yes the balugas fly directly over the house on occasions but they do vary their approach quite often some times further east but I should pick them up ok especially now with the R/Box & connect to the network. sbs1 now back in the box but I will keep it ???  .  Question, would I gain anything using the Moonraker ant as it is a bit longer in length thereby raising my horizon by a couple of feet. any way thanks for the response this seems to be a good forum with all the answers to any problems I may encounter.
Thanks    Peteeds  2W1 FJZ.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »
40 ft mast eh? 

Is that a record for a RadarBox antenna?

Mine's 3ft, but I'm happy with it :-\

Rod
Rod

peteeds

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »
Hy Rod, Yes, Yes & Yes,  I have a40ft Mast at the back of the house, with the SBS1 external ant on top of it, Elad masthead preamp with expensive low loss coax to the shack and also a Jim m75 preamp at the box. I allways knew I would struggle at this location ( bottom of narrow valley ) but I wanted to have a go. RB is working a treat & I can now connect to the network which is great for my location, The Balugas do fly directly over here & sometimes a little bit to the west dependant on the weather, have picked 1 up on the other system but not on RB yet. Great forum this with answers to any problems all there if you look
Thanks for the response. De  Peteeds 2W1 FJZ.