AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Explorer  (Read 39847 times)

Hawkeye

Re: Database Explorer
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »
Allocator,

Thanks for your suggestion in reply 36.
When I looked in my Airnav folder I thought , yep, that's the answer because when v2.0 came out in August I installed the upgrade from 1.5 and not a full version and only Airnav Radarbox 2007 and Airnav Radarbox 2008 were showing.

So, ...did a full install of 2009  full of optimism. Unfortunately, it hasn't solved the problem!!
In fact, instead of 80437 database entries before, there are now 80136 and this hasn't changed since install this morning.
Just running "Get Flights from Network" again and there are at least 35 Code only entries in the list,  and the 'Network ........... to update' panel at the bottom is still counting down from 29 to zero repeatedly as it did before without any new reg entries being made.

Completely at a loss now because if you, Tarbat, and Airnav Dev. for all your efforts and suggestions can't solve it, it looks like the only way will be to periodically re-install 2009 and hope the database has been updated at source.

Many thanks,

Hawkeye

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 08:38:29 PM »
Allocator,

my database browser still only shows 79625 records so to me that looks like autopopulate is not working.(I will leave laptop on overnight to see if it increases but i am not hopeful) When the new 2009 software came out I only did the upgrade as I already had the system up and running - could this be a possible cause as to why I seem to have a problem.

The upgrade is almost certainly the problem.  Uninstall and install the full upgrade.  If you want to keep your MyLog, then backup MyLog.db3 and then you can copy that across later if you want.

Allocator

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 08:41:01 PM »
Completely at a loss now because if you, Tarbat, and Airnav Dev. for all your efforts and suggestions can't solve it, it looks like the only way will be to periodically re-install 2009 and hope the database has been updated at source.

Many thanks,

Hawkeye

Hawkeye,

Make sure that you are actually running the new version - does it say AirNav RadarBox 2009 in the blue Windows title bar?

If you are running Vista, then tarbat is the man to answer questions about where it's best to install RadarBox.

Hawkeye

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
Hi again Allocator,

Blimey, that was quick, was just about to shut down and go for a bevvy or two :-)

Yes, version 2009 is running as showing in the title bar and I'm running XP pro.

Hawkeye

Allocator

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »
Hmmmm...... I'm running out of ideas - I should go for a beer if I was you :-)

Paulc

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »
Allocator,

will try that - have sent the my email address to the download section and will see what happens. I will not uninstall just yet though.

Many thanks for yours + Tarbats help on this - will report once I have reinstalled.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »
Paul,

Not sure why you have sent an email to the download section. RadarBox 2009 can be downloaded from:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Paulc

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 07:55:11 AM »
opps senior moment there

Have reinstalled etc and now have 80136 aircraft in database explorer but it has not increased in the last 45 mins or so despite me clicking on those without info. I get the X processing info requests but no rows have been added.

Allocator

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 08:30:01 AM »
Surely this must be some sort of Firewall issue.  My database count is up to 81266 now and I've just populated a Network flight by clicking on its line.

Are you sure the photos are being downloaded OK? Take a look at the /Data/Photo directory and see how many thumbnail files you have as these should increase too - I've got 20,024 right now.

If you click on a thumbnail below the aircraft list, does this open the airliners.net website with the full size picture?

Hawkeye

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
I feel embarrassed to keep coming back on this subject, it seems to be getting into a bit of a saga, but it's so frustrating. There must be an answer and I agree with Allocator  it would appear to be some sort of Firewall problem.
But:-
Iv'e now run ANRB with every protection I can think of turned off:-
Adaware, Spybot, AVG, Zonealarm Firewall and Windows Firewall and still no populating of Aircraft or Photos.
The strange thing is though it's populating routes!!. Gone  up from 124047 to 124081 between 14.59 and 15.20 today, so I'm through to the server and a Firewall problem couldn't be choosy.

As to Allocator's suggestion to Paulc, ( who it would appear has exactly the same problem), re photos. I've checked the Dat/photo files in Version2007 which I installed in March and that populated them until end of June. Upgraded to 2008 on August 10th and have checked photo files in that, and now surprisingly realised that there have been no updates at all since installation.  There are only 86 in version 2009 installed yesterday.

A couple of questions for Airnav Development.

Is the full installation of version 2009 I did yesterday a completely separate and new programme from the 2007 and 2008s ones still in the Airnav Systems folder or does it take some parts from them? The reason for asking is that my home location did not need to be reset on the map and I was not asked for my password etc. If it is taking these from previous versions, could any corruption there might have been in them be 'transferred' to 2009 as well?
If this is possible, would it be advisable to remove them to another location and reinstall 2009 again?
Any further ideas from you?

Sorry to prolong this thread but there MUST be a solution somewhere.

Thanks,

Hawkeye

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »
Hawkeye & PaulC,

Please do the following now:

1.) Copy the Data folder in your 2009 and 2008 folder (if you have 2008 only and not 2009 showing in AirNav Systems Program Files). Copy them and save them somewhere as a backup.

2.) Now uninstall every version of RadarBox you have on your pc.

3.) Download the Full version of RadarBox and install it.

Confirm to us that aircraft are being populated and try the network trick of selecting a few aircraft and see whether they populate.

We would be suprised if the populate function does not work then, this does seem like the case of an upgrade to 2009 going wrong and hence the database not updating (well documented in the 2009 thread)
[email protected]

Paulc

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 04:20:56 PM »
Airnav Support,

did the uninstall of all airnav programmes (kept mylog.db3 as a backup and reimported this ok) Downloaded 2009 version which is working ok (apart from this problem)

Database explorer has 80136 records but this does not increase when clicking on those network flights with no data.

Have turned off the firewall and will keep system on for a few hours to see if this figure increases but am not sure it is autopopulating even though i get the "photo requests / info" counting up / down

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »
Please remember when details are written to the database they are not always shown in the Database explorer untill RadaBox is closed as it sometimes uses a cache to speed up lookups.
[email protected]

Paulc

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 05:33:37 PM »
Just turned system off / on - still have 80136 aircraft but routes has increased from 123995 to 124002 in the last 10 mins. Something is getting through but not the whole set of data.

Firewall is off at the moment as well.

Hawkeye

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 06:20:20 PM »
Done uninstall of all versions and reinstalled 2009 at 17.30. Opened  'Get Flights from Network' and left  RB running. Still no populating of aircraft or photos!!.

Aircraft database on install showed 80136 and still does. Photos in Data/Photos file showed 85 and still does, (I suppose I should have backed up the photo file as well 'cos I had nearly 4000 before), but as with Paulc, the routes are increasing,.....123964 to 123975 in about 1 hour.

The bottom of the screen shows:-
'Hardware: Connected'
Alternating 'Connecting to Network' and 'Network Flight data successfully updated'.
'Network: 29 to update' still counting down to zero and then starting again and again.
Regular alternating 'Processing photo/info request photo/info request'  and 'All photo'info requests done'.           But they're not.

So,.... unfortunately, problem not solved.

Haven't reimported Navdata and Mylog files yet by the way, so they can't be affecting the process.

Is there only abrad, paulc and myself reported this problem, seems strange if that is so.

More frustrated

Hawkeye