AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Explorer  (Read 39848 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Database Explorer
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »
I notice that you have a box with 'X mesages/sec ' - I do not recall having this on mine - could that be a clue?

It should be there if the Radarbox hardware is connected and processing local aircraft.  You are running the latest version of software (2009)?

And if you're getting the 'process photo / info request" but the info does not appear, then that might indicate a firewall problem, or that the aircraft isn't on the Airnav server.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:02:47 PM by tarbat »

Paulc

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:59 PM »
yes - am running the latest version

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 03:13:46 PM »
An easy way of testing if autopopulate is working is to:
1. Turn ON network flights, and view the network flights
2. Sort the list of network flights by Registration, so that all the blank registrations are together at the top of the list
3. Click on the first of these aircraft
4. Press the down arrow on your keyboard until you've "down-arrowed" onto all aircraft with a blank registration

You should see the number of "Processing photo/info requests" start at the number of aircraft you've"down-arrowed", and then as each aircraft is found on the Airnav server, the number should drop by 1.  Eventually "All photo/info requests done" should appear.

You may still see some aircraft with a blank registration in the Network aircraft list - this is because they were not found on the Airnav server.

I just did this, and of 15 aircraft, 4 aircraft were not found.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »
This does sound like a firewall issue. But usually having a firewall would block any connections for RB to the net so that would include connecting to the network.

Keep us informed of what happens without the firewall, you may need to be also be patient as it might be proccessing 100s of details before it gets down to the one you clicked on network interface.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Paulc

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
Tarbat,

tried that and i do get "processing photo / info request' but when i go and look for the mode s code it refers to there is nothing there. The number of rows in the aircraft section of database explorer does not increase either. Does it populate the network flight list immediately ?

Will try it without the firewall and see if that helps but i do get photo's etc

Paulc

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 08:49:59 PM »
ok - turned off the firewall - difficult to judge how successful it has been as the number of rows in the aircraft section of database explorer remain the same at 79625. Some missing aircraft have been populated but others are not in the system at all ie Emb 190 of Jetblue N266JB still does not exist. Clicking on network flights got the 'processing photo etc' but that was all - no info appeared.

Hawkeye

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »
Hi Tarbat,
Thanks for your response below:-

>>The problems mentioned by Hawkeye and abrad41 sound like normal behaviour, and are probably aircraft that have not yet been identified on GAS (or the Airnav server).  This is a long standing "problem", with updates from GAS not happening as quickly as some of us would like.<<

You and Allocator have really put a lot of effort into trying to help on this subject and  I didn't really want to trouble you again but I feel sure that in a lot of cases it is not caused by aircraft not yet having been identified.
Taking your example again of 405D66 which shows in your attach as G-FBEM, I assume this autopopulated for you. I have left clicked on this entry (whilst on line) several times when it has appeared in Myflights without success.
I previously mentioned that I have typed this particular code into Google and the reg. tie up appeared in 'Spotter's' forums back in September so presumably it had been identified.

I have also turned on Network flights and without even highlighting any entries the "Processing photo/info requests" comment showed at the bottom, reducing one by one from 29 to 0, and the "Photo/info requests done" came up each time. Having reached 0 the figure then returns to 29 and the whole process starts again, ....and again! without any updates being made.

As I said, I am very grateful for your efforts and have only posted this because I feel that for some reason, Paulc, abrad and myself are experiencing some anomaly which has nothing to do with the codes not having been previously identified. It doesn't appear to be a general problem amongst RB users and it would seem that in spite of all your efforts,  unless Airnav or anyone else can think of a solution, we're 'stuck with it'.

Thanks once again,

Hawkeye

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »
Backup your databases and then try with a new fresh database.

It may be a case of database corruption.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »
Hawkeye,

I can only imaging that for some reason your NavData.db3 database is not being written to for some reason - you haven't copied it to CD than back to the PC so its become read only?

Database Browser shows that the number of aircraft records has increased from 81217 to 81242 this evening alone, so the autopopulate is working.

Adding to the suggestion made by AirNav Support, you could try renaming your AirNav RadarBox 2009 directory to something like AirNav RadarBox 2009 Bak then do a new install of RadarBox 2009.  This will give you a fresh install without loosing anything you already have - don't do an uninstall.

The fresh install will default to AirNav RadarBox 2009 and if you don't like the results, you just delete this whole directory and rename AirNav RadarBox 2009 Bak to AirNav RadarBox 2009.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:03:10 PM by Allocator »

abrad41

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »
Hi

I think I need some help here - as I see it the database explorer (NavData.db3) is already populated from install (am I thinking right here).

What I want In my Database explorer is just the flights that I have seen - so is it possible to start off with a fresh empty NavData.db3 - so then it will only have flights I have seen in there, and as it get populated it will only have what i have seen in there - please tell me is this possible.

Thank you

Andy

Allocator

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:21 AM »
Andy,

You really don't want an empty NavData.db3 file as this is the source file rather that what you have seen.

MyLog.db3 contains only what you have seen live with your antenna and you view this using the MyLog button on the toolbar.  You can delete all the records in MyLog from the MyLog > Tools > Empty MyLog Tables option.

Just read back through this thread for a full explanation of the NavData.bd3 and MyLog.db3 databases.

abrad41

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 09:21:57 AM »
Allocator

As you now mate I had a sbs and what I did there was - every month I would delete my sessions (Mylog) for the complete month ( As I new they were all in my master database (NavData.bd3). Is there no way of working this in Radarbox.

Just the way I use to work mate - my main database had everything in it I had seen and just used the sessions for daily or monthly records

Cheers

Andy

Allocator

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »
Andy,

Just use MyLog > Tools > Empty MyLog Tables or Delete Old Data and you will have a fresh empty MyLog :-)

It doesn't matter a jot what you've got in the NavData.db3 database, as all this does is "fill in the blanks" when you pick and aircraft up.  However, MyLog.db3 only contains the aircraft you have picked up "live" since you last emptied it.

If you wanted to get cleaver, you could make a copy of MyLog.db3 before you empty it and rename it to Sep.db3 or something like that.  You could then use a 3rd party sql program to manipulate the data as you wish.

Either that, or you could export MyLog to a csv file from the MyLog> Tools menu and use Excel.

abrad41

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »
Thanks Mate.

A bit clearer now

Thanks

Andy

Paulc

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2008, 08:01:18 PM »
Allocator,

my database browser still only shows 79625 records so to me that looks like autopopulate is not working.(I will leave laptop on overnight to see if it increases but i am not hopeful) When the new 2009 software came out I only did the upgrade as I already had the system up and running - could this be a possible cause as to why I seem to have a problem.