AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Explorer  (Read 39862 times)

Paulc

Re: Database Explorer
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »
Am just doing autopopulate at the moment with some 1700 being processed - will check the numbers when done and see what it says. However i do not think this number increased when doing previous auopopulates.

I do have the windows firewall activated (installed by XP Sp3 by default) but it has ANRB as an exception and it looks as if it is being directed to the correct file (anrb.exe file)

Paulc

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »
Finished the autopopulate - still showing 79625 records under the 'aircraft' menu of database explorer so it does look as if there is something not quite right with that function.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

abrad41

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 07:02:08 PM »
Paulc

I have just tried doing a autopopulate within mylog, when I started it said 109, check it about 5 - 10 mins late and still stated 109.

Is this the same thing thats happening to you.

Cheers

Andy

Ps Another 5-10 Mins gone reading 108

abrad41

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:02:53 PM »
I have been sitting hear well over 1 Hr - and it is still saying 108

Paulc may have a point, it does not seem to be populating when asked

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
I have been sitting hear well over 1 Hr - and it is still saying 108

There's a good chance that 108 aircraft in your MyLog aren't on the Airnav servers, and probably not on GAS either.  That's not a fault with ANRB.  I currently have 97 aircraft that won't populate, but I've checked some of these and none of them are on GAS.

However, to have 1700 aircraft that won't populate sounds like a problem, Paulc.  But I'm out of ideas - sorry.

Paulc

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 05:52:54 AM »
Andy, not really - mine counts down ok it is just with 1700 or so it does take a while to process them all.

Tarbat - no worries - it is more likely to be a 'me' problem than one with ANRB.

Even after the repopulate the C6- 737 did not appear yet it is in mylog which is where i got the original mode S code from to go hunting for the details.

I will try another one populate tonight and see if that 79525 figure changes.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »
Paulc, if you're saying that an aircraft has full details (registration, type, owner, etc) displayed in your MyLog, but those details do not show in the aircraft table in Database Explorer, then I reckon that suggests a database problem.

Paulc

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »
Tarbat,

not quite - the C6 737 appears in mylog with no details other than the mode S code (used to get info from GAS / airframes website) but having done the repopulate I would expect it to have populated somewhere if my understanding of how ANRB does this is correct (it may not be though) I searched for the mode S in the aircraft field but nothing (not even the mode s code 0A8013) was returned. Does the fact it appears with no data in mylog prevent autopopulate working correctly?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 11:27:58 AM »
It shouldn't.  As long as it does NOT appear in the aircraft table in database explorer, ANRB should attempt to populate.

Paulc

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »
It does look as if I might have a problem then with this function.

Also when trying to populate network flights - I think you are meant to click anywhere in the line to get the details but this does not work for me either.

The answer might be to just turn off the firewall, repopulate and turn it back on -I may try this tonight to see if it the firewall that is the problem.

Hawkeye

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 12:28:22 PM »
I've got the same problem as Paulc and abrad41.

Taking Tarbat's example of code 405D66. Last night it showed in Mylog as 1st time 18/9/08 and last time 16/10/08 @ 20.43.31 with no corresponding registration shown. It does not appear in Database explorer at all.  During the period stated, I've run Populate in Mylog several times. This is just one example of many codes that have no registration to them in Mylog.
On running populate, the panel always says "85 aircraft updated  ........"  and Database  Explorer never changes from 80437 loaded.

I have allowed access to ANRB in Zonealarm firewall and this must be ok because routes continuously update on the map.

I suspect that there are more than 3 of us with this anomaly and that from previous postings, quite a lot of users are manually updating to overcome it. Seems strange why anyone should wish or need to do this if autopopulate does what it should do.

I've typed codes without registrations into Google several times and not once failed to get a tie up from a forum somewhere so the info must have been in GAS or some other database.

Our forum 'experts' have been very helpful as always, but as even Tarbat has "run out of ideas" it would be appreciated if Airnav Development would give their opinion of why this is happening and how it can be overcome.

regards,

Hawkeye.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 01:00:26 PM »
Am just doing autopopulate at the moment with some 1700 being processed - will check the numbers when done and see what it says. However i do not think this number increased when doing previous auopopulates.

I do have the windows firewall activated (installed by XP Sp3 by default) but it has ANRB as an exception and it looks as if it is being directed to the correct file (anrb.exe file)

There is a bit of confusion here.

The RadarBox autopopulate function does not require you to do anything - you can't switch it on or off - if you have an internet connection, it just works in the background.  This autopopulate function populates NavData.db3 and this is the database you are looking at in Database Explorer. (However, you can give the autopopulate function a "kick" by clicking on an aircraft line in MyFlights or Network.)

The populate function in MyLog is completely different.  This appears to only populate aircraft in the MyLog list and when you are looking at MyLog, you are looking at the completely different database MyLog.db3

NavData.db3 is the database that is used to show aircraft details in the MyFlights and Network aircraft lists.  Also, the data in NavData.db3 is copied across to MyLog.db3 when an aircraft is detected "live" using your antenna.

When you use the MyLog > Tools > Populate function, this is only going to populate those empty records in MyLog.db3 - it doesn't affect NavData.db3 in any way.  This is not an "autopopulate" function, as you have to hit the button for it to work.

So, when you get a message that there are 96 aircraft to populate in MyLog, RB is looking at the NavData.db3 database and possibly the AirNav server too.  You are almost never going to get to a zero count here, but the number should reduce.  If it says 1700 and never gets any less, then you have a problem.

Paulc

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »
Allocator,

the autopopulate 'kick' by clicking on an aircraft with only the mode S code does not work for me - have tried it several times and the missing aircraft info is not completed (unless you need to refresh the system by turning off/on the process hardware box - lower left on data box)

If as you say above the NavData.db3 is copied across to MyLog.mdb when an aircraft is detected 'live' then why are so many aircraft that are in the GAS database and therefore should be in the central database that NavData is created from, not showing up with full info when detected live. Am assuming that each individual radar box holds NavData.db3 within it rather than go searching for it via the internet each time.

If aircraft are detected live but without being on the internet (as I was doing in Orlando last week) are these details added the next time I do connect? or should they be in the NavData.db anyway regardless. My Navdata.db has 79625 lines of info so would like to think this would have the vast majority of airliners within it especially as the Mode S info for these is readily available.

The 1700 has been steadily increasing over time so I may well have a problem somewhere. I will try it tonight to see the latest figure.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »
Also when trying to populate network flights - I think you are meant to click anywhere in the line to get the details but this does not work for me either.

Yes, when you single click on an aircraft in the Network Flights that doesn't have a Registration, you should see the following as ANRB looks the aircraft up on the Airnav server.

You should see the same message(s) appear whenever an aircraft without Registration appears in your MyFlights.

The problems mentioned by Hawkeye and abrad41 sound like normal behaviour, and are probably aircraft that have not yet been identified on GAS (or the Airnav server).  This is a long standing "problem", with updates from GAS not happening as quickly as some of us would like.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:35:14 PM by tarbat »

Paulc

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »
Tarbat,

I notice that you have a box with 'X mesages/sec ' - I do not recall having this on mine - could that be a clue? I get the 'process photo / info request but the info does not appear.