anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox improved sensitivity  (Read 3590 times)

XR220

RadarBox improved sensitivity
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:19:02 AM »
Hi

When I first used an early model RB back in August 2007, I was impressed by the unit and software but I did think that it was not as sensitive in receving ADS-B transmissions as its competitor, ( using an identical aerial, etc ).

However, having just used a brand new RB with the new Mark 2 2009 software for the past two weeks, it was soon obvious to me that the RB was now a more sensitive receiver. Whilst my comments are not based on the most scientific comparison, just general use proved to me that the RB was now bringing in more signals at greater distances. Comparisons of screen shots with those taken in 2007 seemed to confim my observations.

Can someone on the Forum confirm that the Hardware / Firmware has been 'tweaked' in the past 14 months to give what appears to me to be noticeably improved performance.

Thanks

Jim

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox improved sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »
Hi XR220,

The hardware has not been changed and while there were some firmware changes to get extra data such as squawk and alitutude. Some customers noticed a improvement with the new firmware. However that was a long while ago as you say.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]