AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not receiving many flights  (Read 23674 times)

bernesemad

Not receiving many flights
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
Hi, hope someone can help me please, I have recently started to receive less flights in the "my flights" column. I havent done anything different, and I have tried alternative aeriels with the same results.Any idea what is wrong please?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Not receiving many flights
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »
What do you mean by less flights? Has there been a big difference i.e 50%?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bernesemad

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 06:36:53 PM »
Yes, my average "my flights" tracking here is usually about 30ish and now Im only picking up about 10-15.

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
Could it be a quite day? Did you check it today?

bernesemad

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »
Yes, its been like this for over a week now.

I have looked at the polar diagram and it is not getting out as far as it used to? Is there a setting for this maybe that I have touched by mistake? I have tried other aeriels with my RB and it is the same?!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:09:35 PM by bernesemad »

malcdee2001

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
Check your antenna. This happened to me and I found that one of the soldered conections in the base had disconnected itself.

Malc

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
Is the antenna indoors or outside?   If outdoors, check downlead and connection, moisture is a killer
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

oceans777

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 06:51:48 PM »
Try disconnecting the antenna at the Radar Box side, also the USB cable, then reconnect a few times. Make sure the antenna cable is not putting any strain on the Radar Box SMA connector. If you just physically touch the outside of the antenna jack at the box with your hand, does it make any difference?

I don't know if it's static or a bad connection in the box but my box was been doing this since I got it a few weeks back - I could go over and just barely adjust the antenna connection on the box and suddenly it lights up with 150 messages from only 15 or 0.
It's not my coax or the BNC>SMA adapter - I've changed connectors, etc and everything tests perfectly.
I noticed several times when I touched the connector the box completely stop receiving until I let go.

I was using a pre-amp antenna and though it has ESD built in, the problem was worse then. Since using just the little RB antenna on my roof the problem has not occurred again. Odd.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:55:13 PM by oceans777 »

bernesemad

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 03:18:15 PM »
Well I have just received my new antenna from Walters & Stanton and grrrrrr its still the same!!! This now tells me that its a problem within the box? But what could it possibly be? Are there any settings that may need changing? Can I reset it to factory default at all?
Thanks for all your help so far, this is giving me a huge headache!

oceans777

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 04:09:29 PM »
Can you tell us what kind of coaxial cable you are using? Has it been changed at all?
All I can think of short of sending it in for service is to reinstall the software or try it on a different computer.
I don't know of any settings that would cause your polar plot to be less. Make sure in Interface you have 'show all' flights and are not filtering any.

Another possibility is the airport near you has changed runways for landing and
approach and maybe this is putting some flights out of range, though that's unlikely if you could see them before. I don't know where you are monitoring from.

I think your best option may be to have the box sent back for service.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »
We have replied back to you with details on how to RTB.
[email protected]

pcochrane12

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
my box is on its way back for exactly the same fault along with the pwr on light not being illuminated thought my pre amp had blown on my wimo system but the fault as still there with the supplied aerial as well ground returns at my local airport used to com in no prob with the supplied unit but now cant get a thing and im visual with the threshold 7miles away
cheers paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »
Paul,

I think your issue is different, if the power light is not working looks like the RB has been damaged in some sort of way.
[email protected]

oceans777

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
Making me nervous about connecting the Elad pre-amp. What is causing these boxes to go deaf? Are they overloading the box or is this all ESD? Be nice to know before more have problems if it can be avoided.

pcochrane12

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »
thanks support suspect that as well hadnt noticed the pwr on light missing at first only the lack of flights will find out soon though as box is on its way to waters&stanton first thing tommorrow