anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Appication Programming interface availability  (Read 3403 times)

petervee

Appication Programming interface availability
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is an API available for the radarbox? I.e. software that can read the data coming from the USB port so the software is not needed to run all the time?
Please let me know,
Thanks,
Peter

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Appication Programming interface availability
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »
No, as some of the processing is done by the RadarBox software.

There is an AirNav proffessional solution that allows access to the raw data from the RadarBox hardware - Live Flight Data - but being a professional product, it also has a professional price.

Are you aware that there is data available from ports 7879 and 30003 - it's 5 minutes delayed and the port 30003 format is still under development - but it's there to be used.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:07:09 PM »
Does anyone know if there is an API available for the radarbox? I.e. software that can read the data coming from the USB port so the software is not needed to run all the time?

Hi Peter

There's a third-party product available for the "other" Mode S receiver that captures USB traffic and outputs it in ICAO Annex 10 format for use in any compatible applications.

It might be worth contacting the developer and asking if there is an equivalent product available to interface with RadarBox (though I'm not aware of one).  PM or email me off-list if you want contact details.

Regards
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Tallyho

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »
Hi Peter
alternatively you can use a third party product called Planeplotter which has an interface to it's own independant networked data and can be used with both SBS-1 and Radarbox units.