anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update Question  (Read 44333 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Database Update Question
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2009, 01:49:46 PM »
Mike, when you say database, do you mean the MyLog, or the Navdata (what you see in Database Explorer)?  And which of these two databases did you manually update?

mike L

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »
Hi
tarbat 
I mean navdata the one u change with database explorer
I changed the airline/company info with up to date info then showall
then reclick the process hardware fflights my new info is there then is
overriten by Untitled am i right in thinking that if on new data was sent
it would not overwrite my new data

jgrloit

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »
A Database question, which is not Update related:-
Is the ACtype table actually used in RB, or is it a hangover from previous versions?
It seems that the data is actually held in full in the Aircraft table!!!

Does anyone have a table of Flight Numbers to Flight ID's - those used by Airports to those used on ADS-B Info?
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

apjwright

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
One technique I have found useful for correcting <1000 aircraft at a time is to use the RePopulate function in GAS sbspopulate.  To do this, you'll need to get hold of an empty SBS-1 Basestation database.  You can then populate that database with the ModeS Hex Codes of the aircraft you want to correct.  Then run RePopulate in GAS.  You then need to export the aircraft from the Basestation database, and import them into your NavData database.

Very complicated, but easy once you've setup the various queries in SQLMaestro.  Great for correcting aircraft records where:
1. The Serial and Owner are reversed.
2. The ICAOType doesn't have a match in the silhouettes folder.
3. Empty registration numbers.
4. Etc.....

Today, I've been trying to research how to eradicate the dreaded "..." in the aircraft type field, etc. and generally improve the quality of data in my database.  As we all know, updating data using the Database Explorer is painful at best.  I found the post from Tarbat, above, but wondering how you actually put this method into practice?  How do I get an empty SBS database?  What are these SQLMaestro queries that Tarbat speaks of?  Seems like a lovely process, if you've got all the necessary bits-and-bobs.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Tony - YYZ (currently perched comfortably in the Sofitel at LGW).

GlynH

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
Hi Tony,

I asked the same question here;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3245.msg30876#msg30876

but didn't see a reply...

I am sure I asked it somewhere else also...

I purchased SQLMaestro especially to do this (and other things) but I have not used it yet so I too would be interested in finding out the best way to remove all occurrences of "..."

Anyone? Tarbat??

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
Anyone? Tarbat??

I'll try to find some time this week to write-up some instructions.

apjwright

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
That would be great - thanks very much.

Tony

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »
Okay, I've had a quick go at documenting the process I follow to correct all the "..." in Aircraft Type (AT) field.  Some warnings:

1. It looks complicated, but once you've got the queries setup, it's a quick 15-minute job each week to correct the "..." and other data.

2. If you corrupt your database, don't blame me.  Take a backup BEFORE doing anything.

3. SBS Populate can't cope with more than 1,000 (I think) aircraft at a time.

4. Once you've got the hang of it, you can use the same process to correct other data, such as the "Untitled" company names, etc.

The instructions - http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/instructions.zip
An empty Basestation database - http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/basestation.zip

apjwright

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 10:27:21 AM »

Thanks - will give it a try over the next few days ...

Tony

EK01

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »
Okay, I've had a quick go at documenting the process I follow to correct all the "..." in Aircraft Type (AT) field.  Some warnings:

1. It looks complicated, but once you've got the queries setup, it's a quick 15-minute job each week to correct the "..." and other data.

2. If you corrupt your database, don't blame me.  Take a backup BEFORE doing anything.

3. SBS Populate can't cope with more than 1,000 (I think) aircraft at a time.

4. Once you've got the hang of it, you can use the same process to correct other data, such as the "Untitled" company names, etc.

The instructions - http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/instructions.zip
An empty Basestation database - http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/basestation.zip
URGENT !
Tarbat,

Don't know if it is just me but having clicked on your 2 sites in the above post, I was directed to completely different websites with a message coming up stating my machine had been infected seriously by a Trojan and in order to fix it to download and run a program which came up. Needless to say, I didn't but it took several goes to get out of the system. Having managed that, I shut everything down and I did a full system scan using Norton and nothing out of the ordinary was detected. I suspect anyone who goes ahead and downloads the program shown could have a serious problem. As I say, don't know if it is just me but perhaps you would be better deleting the post as it looks as if it could have been hacked.

Cheers,
Ian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »
Strange.  This is what I get when I download from my links:

Try http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/instructions.htm

And I've attached the empty basestation database to this message.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:43:45 PM by tarbat »

Fenris

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »
Both links downloaded perfectly normally for me. I don't think it's a generic problem, probably specific to EK01.

EK01

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I'll wait a bit before attempting again to see if anyone else has the problem. As I say, it could have been a hacker trying to get into my system but unsuccesfully due to running Norton and seeing if I would be naive enough to download their program.

Cheers,

Ian

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:07 PM »
Both links downloaded perfectly normally for me. I don't think it's a generic problem, probably specific to EK01.

I got a Trojan warning as well. I use Opera as my browser. As EK01, I was also re-directed.

Changing to Internet Explorer, I managed to get the download OK.

Fenris

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
In my case, Firefox 3.5.2 plus NoScript worked without comment for both links.

It might be that NoScript prevented the execution of a script diverting to malware, that's one of the reasons I use it.