anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update Question  (Read 44328 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Database Update Question
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
342553 retrieved from GAS is EC-KCP, a Airbus A330-343X, serial 833.

30296B can't have come from GAS, as it's not on GAS.  So, I wonder where Airnav are getting the details from?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:36:11 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
I am still seeing problem with the validity of data from the RB Server database.
Today 342553, seen for the first time here, filled out from the RB Server, with a French registration - does the RB Server have any validation on the data received from GAT, or elsewhere?
Also 30296B filled out with an American Registration.
What is going on???

342553 is F-WWKO isn't it, or am I missing something here?  This is what I have in my RB NavData.db3 database.

It's the same on airframes.org

Edit: Ah, I see now, F-WWKO was the test registration before it became EC-KCP

EC-KCP    Airbus   A-330-343X   A333   833   L2J      342553   IWD [TY] Iberworld   2007   F-WWKO   2007-04-16            active

30296B on airframes.org show as a Mode S miscode

N261AV    Airbus   A-320-214   A320   1615   L2J      30296B      2001   F-WWDR               wrong ICAO24

Using incorrect ICAO24 address 30296B on mode-S, instead of A282C8. [2006-04-05, 2008-12-02][/]

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:52:22 PM by Allocator »

jgrloit

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »
What I spot is a break in sequence, and a flag that seems not to match the Country prefix.
I understood that the Mode-S is country based, and therefore the ICAO country code should, for civil aircraft always match the country of registration.
The above delivery error should be avoided, by the use of generic delivery Mode-S codes, which are temporary use ONLY, and could ignored when adding to the databases.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Allocator

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »
Are you telling us this as a fact, or is it how you think that it should work?

This must be a task for the country of registration regulator to deal with surely?

jgrloit

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 03:00:02 PM »
ON another similar matter the Flight ID, again ICAO originated could be matched to the current Operator, and possibly be shown in addition to the Owner, or leaser of the Aircraft.
I don't know if the software fixes should be implemented on the RB Servers, or more possibly, for display accuraty, on each RB received, computer combination!!!
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
Problem is you will always find exceptions to the rules there isn't a easy fix like that jgrloit.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

jgrloit

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »
Well I remember seeming, in certain magazines, years ago mention of delivery registrations, which seemed to be similar to UK car trade plates - held by a dealer or manufacturer.
These permitted the delivery of military aircraft, for instance, on civilian registrations, which were removed and the aircraft allocated it's "REAL ID" after delivery.
IT had something at the time to do with insurance, and listed pilots, as I recall.

jgrloit

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
I have just checked to ICAO rules from :-
www.kloth.net/radio/icao24alloc.php
and they seem to follow my expectations.
The Country code MUST follow the registration country.
Re-Registration means a new Mode-S code!!!!!
Temporary delivery ID's are permitted, with a specific Mode-s. - follow the links from a registration ID on Airframes.org then use the delivery Reg as a source ID and see what I mean!!!

derringer

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »
hi
I noticed this problem : sometimes, when RB detect a military aircraft, the image doesn't match with the plane (it's normal in a sense),  so if I populate the database with correct data, thinking all is ok.
But, when the aircraft appears again, the wrong data take place again instead of my good ones.
So, my question are:
- does this bug fixed by rebooting the software?
- is there any way to populate the database correctly, as a little software?

Again, sorry for bad english translation :/ hope You understand all.
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeFOrce 8600 GT / 1 GB VRAM
Win XP Media Center
ANRB 20 - Firmware 1.01.2

Allocator

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
hi
I noticed this problem : sometimes, when RB detect a military aircraft, the image doesn't match with the plane (it's normal in a sense),  so if I populate the database with correct data, thinking all is ok.
But, when the aircraft appears again, the wrong data take place again instead of my good ones.
So, my question are:
- does this bug fixed by rebooting the software?
- is there any way to populate the database correctly, as a little software?

Again, sorry for bad english translation :/ hope You understand all.

I suspect that you are making the changes using the MyLog edititor and not Database Explorer.

Records manually edited using Database explorer will not be overwritten by autopopulate.

MyLog is only a record of what you have detected, it does not affect the data you see in MyFlights and Network lists.

derringer

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 06:46:27 PM »
nice,thanks for the help ;)
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeFOrce 8600 GT / 1 GB VRAM
Win XP Media Center
ANRB 20 - Firmware 1.01.2

jgrloit

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 03:03:19 PM »
Can anyone comfirm, if once the Mode-S entry is in the local database, having been autopopulated by the system, are there ANY conditions under which the autopopulate is re-processed?
I am specifically wondering about the times when the tie-up has been extracted from the country sequence, or when there is an invalid aircraft type in the database.

jgrloit

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »
Since my last post, I have been considering the putting the following proposal to AirNav Development:-
When the Aircraft is Autopopulated, any the Mode-S to Registration is from the tie-up, ie no Aircraft type is known;
That the aircraft type (AN) is set to null;
When an aircraft is seen again and the local database field AN contains null a further update is attempted,  if more than 7 days have passed since the last attempt to update that aircraft.
This would mean that there would be a low volume of inter database traffic, but  eventually the full details would populate the local Database.

Any more takers??

mike L

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »
Hi
I can update the data base with new company info but then when its updated
by airnav in the backgrond it overrights the company info with untitled so
I can not update my local database can airnav filter out filds with untitled in tham

thanks mike

mike L

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 12:20:56 PM »
Hi re my last post I now have a database with a lot of untitled and null in it
what to do next