anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update Question  (Read 44336 times)

tommyg

Re: Database Update Question
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 03:48:05 PM »
Does anyone else have problems updating the database manually. I can get it to add data but when i try and move along the row to edit nothing happens. When i close the page down and go back into it there are just lots of blank pink coloured rows with no information. This is gettin very frustrating as nearly all my cityjet flights are still showing ... and will not take load as RJ85
Tommyg

Hawkeye

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »
DG,

Hardly any Delta flights transmit ADB-S info. Today for instance, N174DZ, N175DZ,N176DZ, N177DZ, N187DZ, N188DN, N1501P, N1604DZ, all B767s appeared in MyFlights without any callsigns or other information. Only N707TW, a B757 operating flight DAL045 was transmitting ADS-B. data. Other 757s in their fleet have also previously appeared in my logs with data but apart from a couple of aircraft in the N8** series, their B767s always remain 'secretive'

Anyone know why? 

Regards
Hawkeye

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »
Does anyone else have problems updating the database manually. I can get it to add data but when i try and move along the row to edit nothing happens. When i close the page down and go back into it there are just lots of blank pink coloured rows with no information. This is gettin very frustrating as nearly all my cityjet flights are still showing ... and will not take load as RJ85

It sounds like you are trying to add a record when one already exists and just need updating.  The database only allows one instance on and Mode S hex code.

Say you want to add the details for

4CA6BB

Use File > Database Explorer then make sure you have selected the "aircraft" table in the drop-down at the top.

Type 4CA6BB in the "Text to find" box

Select "IN" in the Condition box

MS in the Field box (Mode S)

Click find

If a record exists, it will appear and you can edit it.

If no record exists, click "Show All" then click "Add Record" and you add will be OK.

Just try it with a Mode S that already exists, and you won't be able to move to the next field.

To get rid of the blank pink entries, just click in one of the fields in Database Explorer and click Delete Record.

tommyg

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »
Thanks Allocator, thats solved one issue. Just curious as to why it only affects certain acft types i.e. RJ85's and E190's in my case. All other types populate automatically and show on map correctly.
Tommyg

Allocator

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
Tommyg,

For some reason, the RB database comes with the RJ85 aircraft details populated, except that the short aircraft type is set to "..." - It's the same for the Flybe DH8D's too.  THe problem is that the RB auto-populate function wont overwrite data if it's already there, just in case you have made a deliberate manual update, so it see the records with "..." as genuine records.

I suppose that if you deleted all the aircraft with a type "..." then they should auto-populate.  However, it would probably take as long to delete them as it would to manually enter the details.  I just do them as they appear in the list, so I'm only doing one or two at a time.

jgrloit

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 06:16:16 PM »
I have today seen a problem - a German Air Force - new Aircraft to me was populated via the Internet as a Thai Navy aircraft.
GAF shows it as a CL60 regn 12+06
ModeS shown was 3F5D9C...   
I suspect that the RB Server database needs some cleaning and updating.
Any ideas if this is true?
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Allocator

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
I have today seen a problem - a German Air Force - new Aircraft to me was populated via the Internet as a Thai Navy aircraft.
I suspect that the RB Server database needs some cleaning and updating.
Any ideas if this is true?

When you say that the aircraft details were populated, are you talking about the photograph or the aircraft data line?

We've had problems before with these GAF aircraft with odd callsigns.  In my database I have:

MS       AR       AT
3F8606 12+06 CL61

and

3F5D9C 1206 PT3

Do a search for 12+06 on airframes.org and see what confusion this generates :-0

Beast thing in this case is to do a amnual update for this using Database Browser

ACW367

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 06:50:31 PM »
QUOTING JGRLOIT

This is not a problem with Radarbox and has been discussed before. The fault is with the way that the airliners.net search function works.  

German Military aircraft in airliners.net are shown without the iron cross. Therefore your CL60 will be shown as 1026.  When you put 10+26 into the airliners net search, it doesn't look for 1026 but looks for two search criteria 10 plus 26. Which is why it can't find them and comes up with random photos which have serials and construction numbers containing either 10 or 26.  

A manual update doesn't  work fully as it will still look for a photo and then change the data.

The way around it is to copy the pictures of regularly seen GAF fleets direct from airliners.net into your airnav photos file and rename them as 10+26 etc.

jgrloit

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »
ACW367  - you misunderstood the problem:-

The aircraft was seen by the Airnav unit and software.
Had not been seen before, so was not in the local DB.
The information received via the Internet, from, as I understand it, the RB Server showed the 'owner' as Thai Navy .....
When I looked at the Gatwick DB, due the the 'flight number' being GAF457 - it showed as a CL60 regn 12+06 etc.
I therefore suspect that the B Server DB needs cleaning.
I have seeen this aircraft twice today and deleted the record between sightings, hoping for a more correct ID the second time.
I have now had to manually correct this entry, and wonder how many more errors there are on the RB Server!!!
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Allocator

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »
Unfortunately, no database is going to be 100 percent correct.  As I understand it, the AirNav server updates from the GAS server every now and then - I don't know how often it does this although I know that data you have in your local database will not be overwritten, just in case you have manually updated that record.

Did you delete the record for 3F5D9C using the Database Browser (not by editing MyLog which is only historical data)?

jgrloit

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 07:20:37 PM »
Yes deleted the record through the database Explorer, with the hardware processing stopped.
I do not process network flights normally, so this feature was not running either.

I had hoped that the RB Server would check the GAS database, when a second request was received from a recently updated remote.
It looks as though there is no recheck marker in use.
As a cross-check is there any was to look at the RB Server database in a similar way to checking directly, online, with the GAS database?

Brian

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 12:13:14 AM »
It's been asked before.  Haven't seen a answer from Support/AirNav.   How does the user know when the AirNav Server DB been updated with newer info ?.

There should be a page where it shows when stuff been updated.
If a Radio Scanning Database can do it.  AirNav Should be able to do it!
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?tab=history&ctid=219

Unfortunately, no database is going to be 100 percent correct.  As I understand it, the AirNav server updates from the GAS server every now and then - I don't know how often it does this although I know that data you have in your local database will not be overwritten, just in case you have manually updated that record.

-Brian
RadarBox User Forum
http://radarspotters.eu/forum/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:50:31 PM by Brian »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 12:24:08 AM »
If the aircraft is not our server it looks up from GAS. It does also periodicly try and check each of aircraft in the server with gas, it does not do this all in one go as the amount of aircraft is massive and it would overload GAS server.

So the updating goes on all the time.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Brian

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 12:34:11 AM »
AirNav support.

If it does updating all the time.  How come N241AM hasn't been updated for the new aircraft.  That aircraft been flying since August (per a photo I seen). and the AirNav DB still shows the old aircraft info.

I first reported it on this topic.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1821.0

-Brian
RadarBox User Forum
http://radarspotters.eu/forum/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:50:50 PM by Brian »

jgrloit

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
I am still seeing problem with the validity of data from the RB Server database.
Today 342553, seen for the first time here, filled out from the RB Server, with a French registration - does the RB Server have any validation on the data received from GAT, or elsewhere?
Also 30296B filled out with an American Registration.
What is going on???