anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Delayed Response???  (Read 6447 times)

cosmoc

Delayed Response???
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:30 AM »
Hi all
Recently while using my RB it started showing my delayed responses. By this i mean that when an aircraft flys over my house it shows that it is not yet over my house?. Another is that i can visually see an aircraft finishing its turn on to finals and establishing on the runway but my RB recently has being showing it only halfway- three quarters of the way through its turn?. I do not know why this is happening it is not a major delay but it is somthing that i would like to fix if i could. My refresing rate is 2500 if it helps:-)

cosmoc

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Delayed Response???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:05 AM »
Hi Cosmoc,

I would suspect your refresh rate might be the cause. Try reducing it to 1000 and see whether that helps.

Please note this will increase CPU usage incase your computer is slow.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:00:08 AM »
Hi Cosmoc, not yet an RB owner/user, but I wonder whether your apparently delayed response, is due to a slight delay in the info being pinged out by the a/c or the time it takes for the info. to be processed and displayed.   As I ubderstand it the info is updated once a minute?    Is the delay you notice under one minute?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:32:05 AM »
CoastGuardJon,

Aircraft picked up by your antenna and shown in MyFlights are show instanly there is no delay. Only aircraft picked up over the network are 5 minutes delayed.
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »
Hi all
Recently while using my RB it started showing my delayed responses. By this i mean that when an aircraft flys over my house it shows that it is not yet over my house?. Another is that i can visually see an aircraft finishing its turn on to finals and establishing on the runway but my RB recently has being showing it only halfway- three quarters of the way through its turn?. I do not know why this is happening it is not a major delay but it is somthing that i would like to fix if i could. My refresing rate is 2500 if it helps:-)

cosmoc

Is the aircraft showing as a live track in MyFlights, or is it in the Network list?

If you set the option in File > Preferences > General to Network labels followed with * - then it's easier to see if that aircraft is being detected live.

If for some reason it was a Network track, then it would be delayed on the map screen.

The other thing to check if it is a live track, are you looking at the same aircraft in the air and on the screen?

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »
Hi ANSupport, as you've no doubt realised, I am a complete newbie to this game (not got an RB yet, but have concluded successful negotiations with the long haired general, ie the boss! to have one for Christmas, she's always asking for suggestions as to what to get me).    I was under the impression that this info is automatically pinged out by the aircraft once a minute as little packets of data - have I got another sort of system confused with the data used by the RB?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »
ADS-B position messages are sent out twice per second for aircraft. So in RB you would be getting more updates than even some of the Radars ATC are using.

Only Live Flight Tracker is updated every minute which is a subscription product which is not related to RadarBox.
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
Ah, many thanks for that Support, I'm on a very steep learning curve!    Is it ACARS data that's sent in 1 minute packets anyone?

testmonkey

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
I may be wrong but I thought ACARS data was just an electronic version of communication in the same vain as standard ATC / Ops voice transmissions and is therefore 'on-demand' so to speak. The only real difference between ACARS and voice being the ability for Ops to interigate the FMC without the need to disturb the crew. I believe it can be set to broadcast data at set intervals if required but not automatically set to do so. Someone with more technical knowledge will be along to correct me shortly :)
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

cosmoc

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 05:58:19 AM »
Hello all
thanks for your responses. The flights i am talking about are live flights so they are not network flights. This has only happened recently so before their was no delay in the showing of the position of the aircraft

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 06:41:47 AM »
Hello all
thanks for your responses. The flights i am talking about are live flights so they are not network flights. This has only happened recently so before their was no delay in the showing of the position of the aircraft

One possibility is that your antenna isn't performing as well as it used to.  You may even have developed a blind spot where sensitivity in a specific direction is particularly affected.

Bear in mind also that, even with a good aerial, when an aircraft is directly overhead you are only likely to pick up 50% of its ADS-B squitters.  That's because the aircraft has two antennas, one on top and one underneath, and these are meant to be used alternately.  The signal from the top antenna is blocked when the aircraft is overhead, and of course if only the top antenna were being used for some reason, you would notice a longer break in transmissions during which the displayed position would lag behind the actual one.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

cosmoc

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 05:31:42 AM »
thanks for all of your replies
:-)

JRS98

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 07:00:07 AM »
So how about the aircraft that aren't ADS-B equipped? Are there any delays in the altitude changes that shows for a non ADS-B equipped aircraft?

Thanks!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 07:32:31 AM »
So how about the aircraft that aren't ADS-B equipped? Are there any delays in the altitude changes that shows for a non ADS-B equipped aircraft?

Thanks!

No, as these are "live" tracks being picked up by your antenna.  However, until you get a good signal from the aircraft, you might not get any altitude indication at all.