AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 3240 times)

Bigbangman

Newbie questions
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »
Hi all, hoping for some help / advice.

I intend to purchase off ebay as a package the following:

Airnav RadarBox
Radar rama antenna
20m loss cable and appropriate connectors

Can you tell me which version should be selling as I've been quoted V1.4 and 1.5 but i thought the current version was 2.0

Does this antenna go ok with the box?

Will 20m of cable give a large loss of signal?

What other software do I need to buy to get good use from the box in tracking flight information, flight numbers etc etc? Seems to be a lot of software packages available.

Going to buy on ebay as paypal will give 20% off up to £100 until 29/9. Just got to find one that will package the goods together in one go, and takes paypal by 29/9

Thanks for your help, hoping to join you all soon.

Regards

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »
Hi Bigbangman,

The current version is 2.0 but the CDs included will only have 1.4 So just download 2.0 from our site (in the support RadarBox section).

The antenna you mentioned should go well, just remember you may need a converter from BNC to SMA to connect to the RadarBox. 20 Metres cable is a bit long and there will be loss of signal. We would recommended a mast head preamp to get round that.

You won't need to purchase anything else. Incase you need any extra software such as ACARS you can start a trial from us.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »
Hi Bigbangman, and welcome!

I've got 15m of low-loss cable without a pre-amp, and while a pre-amp would probably help, I'm still getting plenty of flights up to 200nm away except where hills and trees get in the way!

Remember that you can download the latest software (Version 2.0) now, and try it in demo mode, and then you'll be all set up when you buy the RB.

The link to download is http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/support.html (download the full version).

Enjoy!

Rod
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:58:05 PM by RodBearden »
Rod