AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alert Function missing Aircraft  (Read 8874 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Alert Function missing Aircraft
« on: July 29, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »
AirNav Support,

I think that the Alert function is missing some aircraft.

I can't quite pin it down, because when I test it by putting something obvious in any of the lists, it works OK.

I have wildcards in the Mode S list, namely 43C* to pick up Brit Mil aircraft (no position information but they show up in the list).  This was working fine up until a few days ago, but now I get these aircraft in the My Flights list, but I'm not getting an alarm.  I have been playing around with the D008.dat file to change the displayed flags, but I've put the original file back now.

Are the Alert details stored in a file anywhere, or are they just saved at program run?

Is there any way of "resetting" the alert lists other than just deleting the codes in the Alert boxes?

Thanks

Allocator

Allocator

Re: Alert Function missing Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »
No idea on this one then I guess?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
Need a bit more information so we can track it down. As you say it does seem to work.

The alert information is held in the registry settings so its not accessible easily.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 04:34:42 PM »
OK, I need to do more testing with this.  I'll get back to you.

Thanks

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »
I have been using the Code box and putting AE*, ADFD* and ADFE* to get all the US Mil traffic alerted but it only seems to stay for that session. When I next log on the codes have gone. Is that supposed to happen or should they be permanently held?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 06:36:25 PM »
Intresting, Do you shut down the software correctly on each session (or does it crash if so that would explain it not saving after each session)?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »
I have been using the Code box and putting AE*, ADFD* and ADFE* to get all the US Mil traffic alerted but it only seems to stay for that session. When I next log on the codes have gone. Is that supposed to happen or should they be permanently held?

All my codes stay and are there when I start RB again, however, when I look in the Reporter log, there are codes there that should have set off the alarm but didn't.

I think that I might have upset RB when I've been playing around with the D008.dat file to change the country flags, which is why I want to "reset" the alert options without having to do a total uninstall/re-install.

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 07:58:04 PM »

Roadrunner,

This is where the saved Alert details are being stored in the Registry.  memo1text etc shows what you have entered during RB run, and these values appear to be saved when you exit RB.  memo1text is the mode s, (43C* shown here) and memo4text is the aircraft types (A388..A3ST).  I deleted these values in the registry (don't muck about with the registry unless you know what you are doing!!!!!) which cleared them in RB.  Entering them in RB saved them when RB was exited.  However, I still think that I'm missing some alerts that I was getting before.  I also replaced the whole Data directory with an "as first installed" version to see if this does anything.

How long will it be before I need to do a complete re-install - I'm bound to break something soon - if I haven't already :-)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 02:26:55 PM »
You may have my answer in that I get chucked out of RB more than I do a controlled shut-down. I don't know why it happens as I am not using Network but some days it runs for hours and others still only minutes beofre locking up. I am hoping the patch will fix this when it finally appears......

Allocator

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 04:29:42 PM »
I did an uninstall and re-install of RB and I think that the alert function is working OK now.

As a point of interest, the RB uninstall routine does not remove the sub-directories in the /Program Files/AirNav RadarBox 2007 directory.  Nor does it remove the Registry entries, so if you want a completely "clean" re-installation, then a bit of thought and manual deleting is required.