AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: When is the Rbox update going to be Released  (Read 6277 times)

spotter70

When is the Rbox update going to be Released
« on: July 29, 2007, 11:01:32 AM »
Hello Fellow members
This question is obviously pointed in Airnav`s Direction
When will the update be released and  how will it be administered, a download link from this forum or an email maybe .Just would like to know
Regards
Spotter70

palmar

Re: When is the Rbox update going to be Released
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »
From here
http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/support.html

AirNav RadarBox Software automatically downloads upgrades and installs them, if they are available. Currently there are no updates available.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »
Hi spotter70,

As announced previously after the release of RadarBox we would release an update 4-5 weeks after the launch. We are still on track for this so expect news in the next 2 weeks.

We are just being held back by the database issue otherwise everything else is 99% ready. As palmar said, you will be automatically notified of the update if RadarBox is connected to the Internet.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

spotter70

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
Airnav
As you say the update will ready and i will be notified when my Radarbox is connected to the internet.
At the moment mine is currently not connected to my Desktop PC due to conflicts in the Network not giving precise information,this has been addressed in previous forum issues
I have mine linked to my laptop PC and i do occasionally run the network but for more detailled information i use the hardware and Aerial for Aircraft  Position as its more accurate.
So i think that a Release notification on the forum would benefit those who have this on going issue or maybe i am alone on this one .
I can then ensure that my network is up an running when the update is released.
Regards
Spotter70

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »
AirNav.

When you say connected to the internet - does this mean that you have to be connected to the Network or just have Radarbox operating on a PC which is connected to the internet. The reason I ask is not so much for now, as I am getting and using the Network - while it is free. Next year if I decide not to pay £120 for another years Network connection how will I get any updates?  Or is it your intention to cast adrift anyone who does not keep spending £120 or more a year with your company?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
Roadrunner,

We mean just connected to the Internet. As we have said before you will not be disadvantaged if you do not use the network after the first year.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]