AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New problems?  (Read 10164 times)

John Racars

New problems?
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
Hi All,

I do not sure or this is a welknown problem but tonight I discovered this:

when I use the specialfilter function and set that I will see only flights from 0-20000 feet on my screen all goes right for 5 minutes or so and than the map "hangs". No movements on the present map also all present aircraft "freezing". Calling another map results in a white screen near the interface, thats still going working.

After restarting the program and doing the same all goes again with I tryed to explane above..

And in general: the software looks more slower. It cost much more time in comparation with version 1.5 to switch between different maps and / or other program parts. It looks the program hangs but after 30 seconds or so the latest given order will be executed

If you do not understand, please let me know and I will try an other way to make my self clear.

I am asking me what version 2.0 brings me more and / or better than version 1.5.

After reporting (from others as well) the (big) problems with the routes and my reported problem with the reportfunction (no reaction from Support until sofar) this seems to be problem no. 3.

I am verry interested in your eventualy befindigs about this.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: New problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue once that filter has been set?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
After trying out this function after my posting to the forum again it looks it is working well. But......... now all hangs after 20 minutes. Aircraft freezing and I have to start RB agian.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

Deadcalm

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »
And in general: the software looks more slower. It cost much more time in comparation with version 1.5 to switch between different maps and / or other program parts. It looks the program hangs but after 30 seconds or so the latest given order will be executed

John, I've been whingeing about this for ages, but have been told that it's a rare issue, for which there is apparently no remedy, as no-one at Airnav can reproduce it, and only "one or two" users have reported the problem.  Can I add you to the list?

I was promised weeks ago that someone from support would contact me with a view to trying to fix it - I've heard nothing since.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

John Racars

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:56:35 PM »
...and only "one or two" users have reported the problem.  Can I add you to the list?

Hi DC,

If you think it helps, yes please do so!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:00:54 PM by John Racars »
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »
You were contacted by us Deadcalm and we did exchange emails about your system and these were passed on to our development team.

As explained then we do need other customers who think they are having the same issue to come foward so we can find the common cause between them.

There are still many posts in the RB2009 post saying its much quicker.
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:42 PM »
A simplistic answer, Airnav, and some considerable way from the truth.   I was contacted by Andre Brandao on 23rd August, after persistently complaining via this forum about my issues - the text of which is below:

My name is Andre Brandao and I'm the Chief Developer at AirNav Systems.Our support reported that you are one of the 3 users until now with problemswith the new version 2009/2.0.Please let us know in detail the problem you are having by sending adetailed description of them.Also please let us know details of your current computer system. After this we will put you in direct contact with one of our programmer's tostart testing a possible solution.

I replied with the relevant details immediately.

That was almost a month ago, and I have heard from no-one since about the problems I have been experiencing - viz: sluggishness of menus and mouse clicks, and a generally slow response within the programme.

The only other correspondence has been with you on a completely different subject, viz: networking and database issues.

Kindly get your facts correct before protesting your innocence and attempting to make me look foolish!!

DC
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 12:49:09 PM by AirNav Support »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »
Deadcalm,

It was not posted to make you look like a fool, we thought the post was an exaggeration and gives the feeling that we only sent you one email as you mentioned above.

You know that is not the case, I can quickly check on my colleagues computer who was in contact with you after that date and the last email regarding the slow downs was on the 28th.
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
Oh, do come off it - I never exaggerate.  Our correspondence on 28th was pertaining to different issues - minimised programme not restoring properly, and reinforcing that I was still experiencing problems of slowness, and also questions about the network database.

I reiterate that no-one has contacted me about the problem I have with sluggishness of the Radarbox programme, let alone offer a possible solution, or even open a dialogue to go through the issues piece by piece.

Maybe you can explain what happened to the "direct contact with one of our programmers to start testing a possible solution"?

I really am beginning to tire of this defensive (What, US?) attitude which seems to be displayed by you on this forum.  I'm a customer, I have problems with your product, I have no reason to invent them, and I certainly don't exaggerate - I just want some help to have the issues resolved, not a continual battle with people who want to stick their heads in the sand in the hope that the few who do have issues might go away.

DC
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:04:42 PM by Deadcalm »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 09:15:59 PM »
We will agree to disagree then about the emails even though both Andre and Akbar have contacted you about them.

"I just want some help to have the issues resolved, not a continual battle with people who want to stick their heads in the sand in the hope that the few who do have issues might go away."

The 7 updates which included bug fixes and new features over the last year simply answers that. Its simply not true, what you do have to understand is that this forum is viewed by potential customers and we need to make sure they are aware that bad news travels faster than good news unfortunately and some of the issues mentioned are either trivial or affecting a small amount of customers (not to say we are ignoring them).

We have been in contact with you about various items via email, forum, personal messages (probally counting them over 30+). If we really wanted to stick our head in the sand wouldn't it be much easier for us to not reply to anything at all (comeptors and many other companies do this)

If you felt we should have contacted sooner with a test programme we are sorry, we did get the main details from you and we have been trying to recreate them. If there was a magic fix that was obvious we would have fixed it.

As mentioned in the earlier post if anyone is having a similar issue please contact us with details.
[email protected]

Lou

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 09:34:53 PM »
I to have similar problems with latest version of software, the main problem for me is that I get all live data timing out then disappearing from screen ( including sidebar ) the data then re-appearing after about 45 seconds this happens about every three to four minutes it seems to happen less frequently late at night when there is not so much traffic, I don`t get this with version 1.5 on same computer Regards Lou

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:04:29 PM »
Hi Lou,

Your issues sounds different. That means your computer is struggling to cope with the data picked up. I assume its either a slow computer or you have lots of other applications running in the background.
[email protected]

clayton4115

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 03:07:55 AM »
what computer is appropriate for running RB? i got a AMD 2100 1 gig of Ram and Geforce Ti 4200 card, will this be ok?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 06:16:05 AM »
To keep things organized:

1- Sluggish menus problem: we are correcting this problem that was reported by 6 users until now. We have our programmers team in direct contact for the last 2 weeks with a user that reported this problem and we are getting closer to a correction.

2- All the other problems: should be reported directly to our support at [email protected] . Please include a detailed problem description. We will then add you to the queue so we can correct all reported problems one by one.

Lou

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 04:05:40 AM »
Hi Airnav thanks for your reply, Ihave tried using safe mode and that does`nt make much difference either the menus and radio buttons are a bit more responsive but not a lot, I`m running an Intel E6750 dualcore with 4 Gb ram on Windows Vista paging file is on a seperate h/d, it seems to fly on most things incuding hi-def video so I`m a bit puzzled, I also run the prog on an HP laptop 1.6 dualcore 2Gb ram  Windows XP funnily better than the desktop> I`ve scanned for malware/viruses ect. Could this be a Vista thing? Regards Lou