AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ubox 2100 - Watch your RB over the internet  (Read 4358 times)

bigal993

Ubox 2100 - Watch your RB over the internet
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:41:42 PM »
Hi guys,
I have now come to a more permanent solution regarding my RB positioning therefore I no longer require my Ubox.
If you have a look on the internet it is a US product and not many UK retailers carried it. It was available on ML&S for a short period of time.
I imported one of these in April and only begun using it in July.
I will be putting this on ebay shortly but wondered if anyone would like first dibs on here as they are quite rare over here now.
I will take £75 delivered for it. But considering serious offers.
Thanks

GlynH

Re: Ubox 2100 - Watch your RB over the internet
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:28 PM »
Can I ask how you use the UBox to watch it over the Internet?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

bigal993

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:05:09 PM »
Yes, the software you get with the Ubox has the ability to receive the USB connection over the internet, so you set up the IP address details (sounds complex but even I could do it).
Then it is like the box is plugged into your pc you can fully control the box in real time like your at home.

Its a nifty piece of kit, have a search on google/youtube for some reviews. It is impressive.

GlynH

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Surely the best/quickest/easiest way would be to logon to the remote PC connected to the RadarBox hardware via USB running the RadarBox software using RDP and use it that way?

The UBox software by definition has to assign its own hardware an IP address as that is how it works - USB over TCP/IP - but if the RadarBox is on a home network for example where you are using a reserved IP address for private use in the 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x range then you would usually be behind a NAT router on a home network where you would not be able to access its IP address directly over the Internet in any case...unless there is a port forwarding trick that I am not aware of?

I had my RadarBox connected to a UBox 2210 for a while but the only way for me to access it remotely (to the best of my knowledge) was to RDP into the machine which had exclusive control of the UBox through its own software.

It is a great concept & a very well made piece of kit although mine keeps dropping off the network for no apparent reason and Lantronix seem to have given up trying to find a solution and have ignored my request for an RMA :-(

It is limited though as only one user at a time running the UBox software is able to access it but a great solution if you want to locate your RadarBox further away from your PC than your USB cable will allow to be close to an antenna for example.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

bigal993

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
Maybe it would be better to run a remote pc but £75 or £200+ for a RB capable PC. I know which I'd prefer
Plus energy costs, the psu on a pc will be way more then a ubox, trying to be green and all that.

Yes the ports are forwarded on the router and it allows access anywhere, I use it over the net all the time at work. I also think that controlling a ubox is better then a vnc connection as i tried this with my old sbs-1 and found there was a bit of lag in the graphics and at the time the host pc was top of the range.
I have not encountered the drop outs you mention, maybe it could be ports?

Thanks