AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is Airnav Radar Box Worth The Money?  (Read 17709 times)

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
Re: Is Airnav Radar Box Worth The Money?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »
Ok Jhon,

But there is more...
For instance I have one RB running at Buenos Aires - Argentina, and I catch it here in Sao Paulo - Brazil, trough an UBOX as I would be there.

Also here in Sao Paulo I use to lend in similar way a RB to some friends of mine,
using one UBOX.
So they can do a "live trial" of RB, without indeed having one.

RB stays here at my home and the friend catches remotely its USB at any place that have a broadband connection.

Very funny.

But the link of live radar / speech, here in Brazil, has made success and there are always a lot of peolpe 24 hs day connected.

The top people connected was at the time that came here the aicraft of Iron Maden, at that time there were near 500 people connected at the same time to the sreaming.

Best regards. Juan

radarbox2

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 01:52:50 AM »
i live in southern ireland and purchased the radar box and also purchased the acars decoder compatible witg the radar box i have tried everything to make it work but othing happens the blue lights on the box are flashing but it seems to be recieving no signal can anyone help the software is installed proprly but nothing happens

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 07:44:11 AM »
On reflection the next thng to get after the RadarBox is a comfy chair.  :-)
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

chewycanes

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »
Hi
I have had a Radarbox for about a month and unfortunately it is away for repair (just one of the unlucky ones i guess). When identified to airnav the problem they gave me a ticket number and address to send it to immediately.

I miss it a great deal and keep waiting for that postman to bring it back to me.

The forum has recently been a bit of a slugging match but it does seem to have calmed down. People do really seem to care about other peoples problems.

Beware though it does become addictive and you always end up looking for ways to improve it such as putting up an external antenna which adds to the cost.

As for your is it worth the money i agree with one of the previous posts it depends on what you want want to do with it.

Hope this helps in making your decision.

Brian

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
the blue lights on the box are flashing but it seems to be recieving no signal

At what speed is the blue light flashing?

Is the white light blinking at all?

bratters

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »
i live in southern ireland and purchased the radar box and also purchased the acars decoder compatible witg the radar box i have tried everything to make it work but othing happens the blue lights on the box are flashing but it seems to be recieving no signal can anyone help the software is installed proprly but nothing happens

You are a bit off topic here and your problem is buried. Suggest you open a new topic headed Help with Box please or similar so the relevant people can help you.

flightinair

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »
Hi
I have had a Radarbox for about a month and unfortunately it is away for repair (just one of the unlucky ones i guess). When identified to airnav the problem they gave me a ticket number and address to send it to immediately.

I miss it a great deal and keep waiting for that postman to bring it back to me.

The forum has recently been a bit of a slugging match but it does seem to have calmed down. People do really seem to care about other peoples problems.

Beware though it does become addictive and you always end up looking for ways to improve it such as putting up an external antenna which adds to the cost.

As for your is it worth the money i agree with one of the previous posts it depends on what you want want to do with it.

Hope this helps in making your decision.

Brian

I have my airnav box about 3 years now, but some of the posts on here are a bit heavy for me,, so i am just a novice have not a clue what their talking about at times , but by hell i enjoy every minute with my airnav box.
thanks
s.f.

dunc8543

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
Hi,

I have had my Box for 12 months and like many others think it is brilliant.

The only comment I would add is that it is expensive, and that some developments i.e RADARBOX 3D were originally hinted at being free only to materialise with a hefty price tag!
If developments are going to cost say so from the start and dont mislead people!

Other than that i would highly recommend you get it, the forum is good and very informative.

Be warned it is very addictive. :)