anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Route info sharing  (Read 48168 times)

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
Re: Route info sharing
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 04:45:11 PM »
Using the SQL code in my instructions any entry with a matching FN value that already exists in the database will be overwritten with the new data from the file.

That will be really good :-)

I might now be tempted to dip my feet further into the SQL pool.

Deadcalm

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »
Testmonkey, I've been diligently following your instructions using SQLite Database Browser, and all seems to go well up to the "Execute Query" stage.
When I hit the button, all that happens is a "No Error" message is displayed in the 'Error message from database engine' box.  When I go back to  the Routes table in the Database Structure, your data hasn't been added.  Any ideas, please?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

testmonkey

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 06:44:53 PM »
Testmonkey, I've been diligently following your instructions using SQLite Database Browser, and all seems to go well up to the "Execute Query" stage.
When I hit the button, all that happens is a "No Error" message is displayed in the 'Error message from database engine' box.  When I go back to  the Routes table in the Database Structure, your data hasn't been added.  Any ideas, please?

DC

The 'No Error' message is correct - it means the code ran successfully.

The updated records are added to the end of the routes table and you should be able to see them by going to the Browse Data tab and choosing the Routes table. Check how many records are in the table before and after you execute the code using the Browse Data tab (although they should already be in there now so no change will happen if you run the code again).
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

Deadcalm

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 06:57:45 PM »
Sorry, Testmonkey - you're quite right!  I was expecting whizzy things to happen when I pressed the "Execute Query" button, and I didn't go far enough when I thought I was at the end of the Routes database.  All is well, thanks for your efforts.  You may go to the top of the class!

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

John Racars

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 07:01:56 PM »
3. Find the Import or Import From function in your program. There should be an option to Import Data From CSV File. Browse to my file and import the data from it.

Hello Testmonkey,

After doing so only the field FN was filled with your TCX flightid's (more then 950 record where added). The fields NO, ND, NV and CH become "nill". Also only flightnumbers where imported so it looks.

For your information: as you know I am "newbe" with SQLLight Maestro also I do something wrong with the settings I have to make.

Any tips are verry welcome.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

testmonkey

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »
For your information: as you know I am "newbe" with SQLLight Maestro also I do something wrong with the settings I have to make.

Don't worry John, we all have to start somewhere - I'm still a newbie to it myself!

Are you saying that you've now got a 'routes2' table that only contains flight numbers?

I've never used SQLite Maestro as you have to pay for it. Please post a step by step list of what you did including which options you've chosen in the program and I'll see if I can find the error.
testmonkey

testmonkey

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »
I might now be tempted to dip my feet further into the SQL pool.

Go for it. Well worth the effort for tidying up your Aircraft table.

If you want any help re scripts just shout. As I say I'm not a SQL expert but have got to grips with enough to do what I need to for these purposes. Here's a starter for you:

Run this script
CREATE TABLE aircraft2
(
MS varchar(6),
AR varchar(50),
AT varchar(80),
AN varchar(80),
AC varchar(80),
CN varchar(80),
PT varchar(80),
LK varchar(80),
PT2 varchar(80),
LK2 varchar(80)
)

This will create a second aircraft table called 'aircraft2' with the same structure as the original (you can find the structure for a table by looking under the Database Structure tab)

Now run this script
INSERT INTO aircraft2 (MS,AR,AT,AN,AC,CN,PT,LK,PT2,LK2)
SELECT MS,AR,AT,AN,AC,CN,PT,LK,PT2,LK2
FROM aircraft
WHERE AT LIKE '...'

This will make a COPY (in aircraft2) of all the records (in aircraft) where the aircraft short type is set to ... - these aircraft won't display a sillouhette when seen in the list within RB. Browse through this table and just look how many there are! If you double click on any cell when browsing a new box will open that allows you to manually change the data within it. Click the 'Apply Changes' button to save any changes you make.

To put your changes back into the original aircraft table run
REPLACE INTO aircraft (MS,AR,AT,AN,AC,CN,PT,LK,PT2,LK2)
SELECT MS,AR,AT,AN,AC,CN,PT,LK,PT2,LK2
FROM aircraft2

To delete the records from the aircraft2 table use
DELETE FROM aircraft2 to delete all records or add a second line such as
WHERE AC LIKE 'British Airways' to only delete records where the company (AC field) is set to British Airways. You can also use wildcards:
WHERE AC LIKE 'British%' any company starting with 'British'
WHERE AC LIKE '%Airways' any company ending with 'Airways' or
WHERE AC LIKE '%Air%' any company name containing the string 'Air' anywhere in the AC field. The search string isn't case sensitive by the way. In fact neither is the code but it's easier to understand if written like this.

To delete the aircraft2 table just use
DROP TABLE aircraft2 - no need to delete the records from it first

Modifying the above you could make a copy of all the aircraft that have the AT field set as 'BE4X' into aircraft2 for you to edit. There's no sillouhette for those and they should be 'BE40'. To change all records where the AT field is BE4X you could run the following script
UPDATE aircraft2
SET AT = 'BE40'
WHERE AT = 'BE4X'

- missing the WHERE line off would set the AT field for EVERY record currently in aircraft2 to BE40.

Using the above you should have everything you need as a starting base to write your own scripts to do pretty much most changes you'll want to make. Take a copy of NavData, rename it, stick it somewhere out of the way and use it to practise on. Just don't blame me if you lose hours of your life tweaking the database :)

Oh yes, Golden Rule No. 1 - ALWAYS make a backup copy of NavData before editing just in case. I always make 2 copies - 1 as a backup and 1 to edit therefore never directly editing the one in the RB\data folder.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:03:44 PM by testmonkey »
testmonkey

John Racars

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:57 PM »
Please post a step by step list of what you did including which options you've chosen in the program and I'll see if I can find the error.

Hi Testmonkey,

I am happy to say: this is not necessary because I added your TCX database succesfully into my local "NavData.db3" file.

Thank you verry much again for all the help and tips until sofar!
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

testmonkey

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 08:37:29 PM »
Thank you verry much again for all the help and tips until sofar!

You're welcome :)
testmonkey

John Racars

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »
If you are interested, this (new) ones appeared on my screen this evening:

TCX779K,EGCC,LTBJ,,20080909121314
TCX423L,LEAL,EGKK,,20080909121314
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

testmonkey

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »
If you are interested, this (new) ones appeared on my screen this evening:

TCX779K,EGCC,LTBJ,,20080909121314
TCX423L,LEAL,EGKK,,20080909121314

Thanks John.

TCX779K/L are original ones that were already in the database. I didn't include any of those in my file unless I had confirmed / updated information for them.

I've now added TCX423K/L to my file but interestingly it appears it should be LEAM (Almeria) not LEAL (Alicante)! I'll post a new file in a week or so when there's a few more updates.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:38:33 PM by testmonkey »
testmonkey

John Racars

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 10:46:26 PM »
I've now added TCX423K/L to my file but interestingly it appears it should be LEAM (Almeria) not LEAL (Alicante)!

Oops, that was wrong information from my site. (Type error...) It should be LEAM in this case indeed so you are totaly right Testmonkey! Sorry for any caused confusion.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

testmonkey

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »
No problem :)
testmonkey

John Racars

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 11:06:06 PM »
Hi Testmonkey,

An other interesting question I think. Some moments ago flight TCX162K appeared on my screen WITHOUT flightinformation. I checked your and mine databases and in both the flight is there as EGCC-LTBS.

There after I closed AirNav Radarbox software and restarted it again. Flight TCX162K appeared again and now......WITH the correct information. So I am asking me: where get AirNav this information from? From my local database or from an other outside database?

If the information is not from my local database why should I add your TCX database in to mine if RB ignore mine local database?
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

testmonkey

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 12:23:32 AM »
Did you have Network flights enabled?

If so there is a bug in the software which means if a flight is seen in your network list before it appears in MyFlights the route information doesn't get displayed. Untick the 'Process Hardware Flights' box at the bottom of the MyFlights page and then re-tick it again to re-enable MyFlights. The route information should now be displayed.

AirNav are aware of the issue and it should be fixed in the next update.

The information is taken from your local database (for MyFlights) and that's why you need my list of TCX flights :)
testmonkey