anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flybe flights  (Read 5135 times)

ljmillen

Flybe flights
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
Hi everyone.

A question. I can pick up Flybe aircraft in my live flights but I don't seem able to track them. The registration and aircraft type are displayed but tracked time and flight number remain blank. Any explanation?

Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Flybe flights
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
RadarBox tracks ADS-B enabled aircraft. Flybe aircraft only have Mode-S at the moment so there details are displayed in the list but they are not shown on the map as they are not transmitting any more information.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ljmillen

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:23:56 AM »
Thanks AirNav.

Andrew Webb

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »
I am looking at investing in a box, but I am taking kiddy-steps and have signed up for European version of Air NaV Live Flight Tracker 6.

True, the Flybe flights do not show up, but therein lies a further question: all of the advertising for the Air Nav box says they pick up Mode-S as well (I guess that this means that they show as a trace, but with no details)

However, Flight Tracker doesn't show the Flybe either on screen or on the list. I know they should be there, because I live near EGCC and Flybe are the biggest user in terms of movements.

So, my question is: do the mode-S show? If so, does anyone have a screenshot.
If not, what does the advertising mean?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:47:02 PM »
Mode-S aircraf do not broadcast there position hence RB only gets there details such as ModeS code, Flight ID, altitude, Speed.

These cannot be shown in Live Flight Tracker as we have no position for them.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
So, my question is: do the mode-S show? If so, does anyone have a screenshot.
If not, what does the advertising mean?
Yes, local ModeS (non-ADS/B) aircraft show in the LIST of aircraft, but not on the MAP.  That includes airlines like Flybe, Loganair, etc.

Example screenshot at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1689.msg13221#msg13221
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:50:55 PM by tarbat »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »
Just to clarify, there are essentially three distinct levels of aircraft fit:

Mode S only:  the aircraft transmits its hex code, altitude and squawk, but only in response to an interrogation from a ground station

Mode S + 1090ES (Extended Squitter): as above, plus a few additional parameters such as vertical rate and flight ID (callsign), but broadcast continuously without requiring a ground station interrogation

Mode S + 1090ES + ADS-B: as above, but also including navigational data such as position and groundspeed derived from onboard GPS or INS, again broadcast continuously

To complicate matters, aircraft may also have an ELS (Elementary Surveillance) or EHS (Enhanced Surveillance) fit, which allows ground stations to interrogate additional parameters such as airspeed, selected altitude, heading, etc, regardless of whether the aircraft has 1090ES or ADS-B.  Unfortunately enthusiast Mode S receivers don't decode this info.

HTH
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour