anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Silhouettes  (Read 613724 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: New Silhouettes
« Reply #315 on: October 03, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »
Thanks, Vonsmalhausen.

Emergency laser eye surgery was required but I should be fine now - check-up tomorrow :-O

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #316 on: October 03, 2011, 09:36:13 PM »
Hi Rod, sorry to hear anyone's been anywhere near a hospital, but very glad to have you back with us.   I hope and trust all is good with you.

Edit and addtion.   Hi Rod, only just picked up on your 2127 post, I recently (last Oct. and May) had left and right cataracts removed and new acrylic lens implanted :- 12 - 15 minutes each one, fully conscious, and so-called anaesthetised, could still see everything and feel my eye being prodded and fiddled with - a very unpleasant experience, but apparently not one that can be done so easily under general anaesthetic as the surgeon needs you to move your eye where he wants it.   Absolutely superb results, can see stuff on the horizon clearly again - possibly better than when I was 18 - still need reading glasses though, but that's the trials of old age.   Although a distinctly unpleasant experience, definitely very worth tolerating.   I made need to have eye lasered at some later date, as rejection cause the eye to "fog" up the new lens, but only a 10 minute job and OK for the rest of your life.    If you've got cataracts, get a referral to the ophthalmologist and push to get the job done asap for road safety/ driving purposes - anyone need any tips to get accelerated treatment let me know by PM - about 10 weeks wait for the first and 7 weeks for the second on the NHS.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:52:33 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
Hi Jon - thanks for that, but mine was an emergency caused by drops to dilate my pupils for examination - I suffered an "Angle Closure Glaucoma" attack. I've never had glaucoma, and have had the drops before with no ill effects, but apparently with age, there is increased risk.

Apparently a Glaucoma attack can cause lasting damage, but if treated soon enough, that can be avoided - and I seem to have got myself to A&E quickly enough for it to be treated in time. The laser surgery to cut holes to reduce the pressure in the eye seems to have worked a treat - the hospital pulled out all the stops to get me treated ASAP - ambulance with flashing blue lights, consultants called from their beds and golf courses to get me sorted, and, though I've got a check-up tomorrow morning, I can at least see well enough to create logos and silhouettes, so that ain't bad!

The treatment was deeply unpleasant (I don't think I had any anaesthetic), but never actually very painful (unlike the attack itself, which was agony at least as bad as an abcess), and you can tolerate quite a lot when you think that the alternative is to lose your sight. It does help concentrate the mind! The "fireworks" while the laser was firing were actually quite pretty! So don't worry about the laser treatment - it sounds like it's nothing worse that you've been through already.

If I can't drive, I can't work, so here's hoping the check-up goes OK!

Rod
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:05:59 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:53 PM »
Check-up went fine - I can drive again!

In celebration:

COY2 - RANS S-6 Coyote 2
HB21 - Brditschka HB-21 Hobbyliner
HDJT - Honda HA-420 HondaJet    

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #319 on: October 05, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »
Rod,
Just seen on the network, G-ZZSG given as a Eurocopter EC25 with a c/n of 2714 belonging to Bristows. Having checked my silhouettes folder, I don't appear to have a silhouette for an EC25 unless I have overlooked it being posted. Can you oblige please ?

Thanks,

Ian

RodBearden

« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »
Ian - I have already done it, but here it is again.

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
Cheers Rod. I must have missed it when you originally posted.

Ian

RodBearden

« Reply #322 on: October 06, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
In response to a mention in the logos thread, here's the R722 silhouette. A big advantage of these photo-silhouettes is that they can show a very different image compared with the B722, where the standard profile silhouettes would look identical.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
Just noticed that we haven't got a photo-silhouette for the Van's RV-12 (RV12) so I've done one.

We get the occasional ICAO code of ZZZZ which is officially "Aircraft type not (yet) assigned a designator" but which the database updaters have also used for "Various airframes" for Airbus (and perhaps others?).

I've been using this "obscured by clouds" silhouette for this code - thought you might like it too.

Rod
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:51:01 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

Northern Watch

« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
Hi Rod,

Sorry to be a pain but please could you do a zip of your photo silhouettes since the last update as I think I have missed a few.

Thanks in anticipation

keith

RodBearden

« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2011, 12:26:15 AM »
Hi Keith

Here's a zip as requested - all the photo-silhouettes since the last zip. Ther are only 23 of them, so this isn't the official update zip, and I won't be adding it to the "master" zip on my downloads page. I'll wait till I get more before I bother doing that.

Rod
Rod

Northern Watch

« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
Hi Rod,

Thank you for the Zip, much appreciated.

Regards

Keith

RodBearden

« Reply #327 on: October 09, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
Glad to be of service :-)

Rod
Rod

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2011, 08:24:27 PM »
Hi Rod,

ANRB aside, I wish you well with your treatment and although you're 'back' working on this fine program really think you're a 'top' bloke working so soon after your eye treatment. Keep well my friend and best wishes.

Cheers Dave.

Best regards Dave.

RodBearden

« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »
Many thanks for that, Dave. The laser treatment that I received was supposed to be an instant cure, and it did do the job within two hours.

I  just hope it stays that way!

Rod
Rod