anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V2.0 now supports Alphanumerical Callsigns  (Read 23247 times)

testmonkey

Re: V2.0 now supports Alphanumerical Callsigns
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2008, 01:35:07 AM »
Carlos, until Dev / Support get back to you here's what I'd recommend.

DO fill in the CH field. If you don't the server will look to update your changes as soon as the flight is seen.

Use an external editor to make your changes. There are a few SQLite editors to choose from. Shut down RB and back up your NavData database before editing.

Create a new table to keep a copy of the changes you've made or store them in a csv file. Once a month you can change the CH values in this table or file to that days date and then re-import them into the routes table. By doing this your changes will not get updated again for a month from that date.

If you don't know SQL just ask and I'll provide you with the SQL statements and instructions you need to do the above.

Cheers
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2008, 03:35:37 AM »
Hi testmonkey

The server always changes the manual updates, all of them have data value in the CH field (ex for this night updates: 20080824000000).

I'm very gratefull for your help but before I begin to deal with SQL I would like to know the reply from ANRB Development, I'm sure they will find a way to help users with this problem ASAP.

Brgds
CA

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:37:21 AM by CarlosAbreu »
Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »
Carlos, as explained in our previous email routes are automatically updated from our servers and there is (on this version) a way of stopping it. The only way to avoid for now is to not to allow RadarBox to access the internet.

We have added this issue to our to-do list. It is related to a problem is the retrieval of multi-leg flights from our server. We get this information from a professional airline based service and they are sending us data with some errors so we are still waiting for their answer.

In the meanwhile let me add that less than 1% of the flights are multi-leg and this problem happen to maybe 1 in 50 multi leg flights received. In other words it will happen 2 times in each 10 thousand flights received which clearly does not represent a major bug.

We are doing our best to have it corrected ASAP.

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
Hi Sr.Member

Thank you very much for your reply, I don't want to be misunderstanding, my posts didn't have intention to be a complain, please understand tehm as a relief after so many missing work hours consider them as sharing report in order to help ANRB solve a problem, nothing more.

I will never turn off the network, I know this situation is pontual and the sharing of flight data is the future of flight tracking and a big improvement for ANRB.

Brgds
CA

Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)