anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V2.0 now supports Alphanumerical Callsigns  (Read 23213 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: V2.0 now supports Alphanumerical Callsigns
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
Suggestion noted, although the drop down filter list can take both 3 and 4 code when entered manually.
AirNav, thansk for that. I had noted you can see either sets of codes but this option is not available for the route data on map or in list and 3 characters take up less space than 4 :-)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 11:37:22 AM »
Its best to add a time stamp of today or whenever you add it otherwise it will be always be checking your manually entry against the online database.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Typhoon

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »
Why is it when I am not connected to the network, MyFlights only, I have 100% Route look up, but when I connect to the network aswell none of or very little of the route info appears, and I certainly dont get a full list on network route look ups ( im using latest version RB2009 )
Typhoon

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 06:48:34 PM »
The network look ups are not done on your computer. They are done via the server.

Otherwise you can imagine if everyone loggs on to the network and its has 1,000 flights it will be looking up that many each download on your pc which is not sensible.

The server should have all the network route info as well as soon. This require a change on the server and not on your software.

Hope that explains it.
[email protected]

Typhoon

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »
I understand about the Network lookups and the server, but when Im not connected to the network each local flight I pick up that has a callsign immediatly picks up its route info, but If am connected to the network aswell, eventually all my local flights with callsigns showing wont show or pick up the route info.
At the moment I am not connected to the network and each callsign / flight has its route showing.
Typhoon

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »
I understand now, thats been mentioned before that if a network flight which does not have a route due to server comes into your local flights it stays with no lookup.

This will work once the lookup works for the network flights in the first place.
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 07:26:40 PM »
Adding o what our support mentioned, we are working on our server to add this and other features: we are processing now more than 10 million msgs/day on our server so it has to be a very robust and reliable job. In 2 weeks we believe this will be finished.

testmonkey

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »
Adding o what our support mentioned, we are working on our server to add this and other features: we are processing now more than 10 million msgs/day on our server so it has to be a very robust and reliable job. In 2 weeks we believe this will be finished.

Excellent news!

Will this network flight route information get added to my local route table as each one is populated? The reason I ask is that I have RB connected to my laptop and often take it with me to other locations in the country. I use the network data as a way of populating my aircraft table with planes that normally wouldn't appear overhead my local location so that they are still identified offline when out and about. It would be great if the network route information got added to my local route table so that when I'm out and about offline I'll still get the route info for flights that I wouldn't normally pick up at my home location.

If network routes don't currently get added / updated to the local route table could I suggest it as a future enhancement?

Keep up the good work.
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »
Testmonkey,

Take a look at the Routes table in RB Database Explorer on your Internet connected PC.  You will see all the new routes that have been added at the bottom of the list - note the date added (the routes that came with RB don't have dates, so any with dates have been autopopulated).  I'm getting 70 or 80 added a day now.  The file you are looking at in Database Explorer is the main data source NavData.db3.  If you copy this file to your non-Internet PC, then you will have all the autopopulated routes and aircraft than were added to the PC connected to the Internet.

The other database that RB populates is MyLog.db3 - this only contains live traffic you have detected via your antenna.  I was copying this to a USB memory stick and tranferring it between PC's too, but I gave up in the end as I wasn't disciplined enough to make sure I was always using the "current" MyLog.db3.  Now, I just copy the NavData.db3 from my mian PC to the laptop every now and then.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 08:49:07 AM »
Will this network flight route information get added to my local route table as each one is populated?

I don't think so.  I think only routes from local flights get added to the routes table in the Navdata database.  Routes from Network flights don't get saved in the routes table.  Maybe Airnav Support can confirm this.

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »
Hi to all

Sorry to come back again with this question but I still introducing manuallly a lot of flights and I don't know if I must insert data values on CH field.

There's a lot of incomplete flight information, for ex IB flights for North/South America came all from LEBL via LEMD and they only appear for ex as LEBL-LEMD or LEMD-SAEZ.

If all member could edit as the flights as I'm doing and share them in the network was a big step to help ANRB. In fact we are a team.

By other way I have check that alphanumeric flights rarely are in the display route but they are in database.
This happens normally with SN, IB and LH flights. These flgiht codes were introduced by myself in my database.

Airnav support, please advise in order to I do it correctly.

Brgds
CA
Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 02:51:26 PM »
For the earlier posts the network routes are not saved down as otherwise each if you would be saving down 1,000s of routes each time you connected to the network which is not a good idea.

CarlosAbreu,

You can do a couple of things if you want share data, firstly its best to have datetime value in there of today. If you have SQL knowledge you can create a script of the updates you make which you can pass around.
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »
As an example, here's the routes I added this morning for all the flights yesterday in north Scotland (as seen in Planeplotter).  They're in the form of SQL INSERT statements, and were generated using SQLite Maestro.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:10:27 PM by tarbat »

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 03:08:51 PM »
Thanks for prompt reply Airnav Support

I will introduce today's datetime value for all manually update flights.

Unfortunelty I don't have SQL knowledge.

Brgs
CA
Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)

testmonkey

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »
For the earlier posts the network routes are not saved down as otherwise each if you would be saving down 1,000s of routes each time you connected to the network which is not a good idea.

I'm not asking about the capability of 'downloading' the routes for network traffic. As you say this would involve 1000's of requests coming in from users which would not be a good idea!

What I'm referring to is a change to the RB local software that would use the information that has already been populated (and downloaded) for network traffic and add this to the local routes table.

Presently if you click on an aircraft in the network list the software will request an update from the server if you don't have it in your aircraft table or you don't have a photo of it. What I'd like to request is an addition whereby if you click on an aircraft in the network flights list and the flight route is already populated for it that information is checked in the local routes table and if necessary added to that table - no server request involved, purely a local process. There would be local processor overhead involved but it could be a user selectable option.

Maybe I'm getting confused with regard to route information that displays for network flights. Is it actually the case that all of the routes I can see are already actually in my local routes table? I was under the impression that this information was added at AirNav's end (therefore only one request per flight) or included in the upload from the user and then included in the feed that we see.

Testmonkey,

Take a look at the Routes table in RB Database Explorer.......... just copy the NavData.db3 from my mian PC to the laptop every now and then.

Hi Allocator

My message probably wasn't very clear! I only use the laptop so no need to transfer the db's around. I just wanted to capture routes that don't normally overfly me so I would have that info when on the road (or abroad) in the locality where they do fly.

Cheers
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)