AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 (version 2.0) RELEASED  (Read 127336 times)

CAM

• http://www.planedaft.co.uk
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 (version 2.0) RELEASED
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »
OLD !

AMD Athlon 64 3400 2.19 GHz
1 GB RAM
VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »
That still should be fine. We will take a look and see whether we can replicate it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CAM

• http://www.planedaft.co.uk
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »
Thanks Airnav keep me posted. If you require any more info let me know.

mt007

• PGAv - Portugalia Airlines Virtual
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
Hi Support and development,
one thing: thx very much for your excellent work with this version.

The last version (2008) was very bad, RB freeze and another problems happen.

Now with this version is wonderful, work's fine. RB now is very light and no problem at moment on my pc.

Thx very much and continue with this excelent work.
Regards
Miguel

Miguel Teixeira
Oeiras, Portugal

Rod W

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »
Hi

I'm very pleased to say that the fix you provided for AVG has resolved the time taken to load problem for me. I didn't get round to applying it until late on last evening so I'm now looking forward to discovering the new version over the weekend.
Again my sincere thanks

Rod W

Climb1

« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »
Hi there
Im quite impressed with the 2009 edition but have noticed an issue which is bugging me. Although nobody else here seems to be getting it so could just be me messing up.
Basically I get all myflights and network flights fine but whenever I try and use the filter I get problems. Say if I select "aircraft" and "B744" in the drop down menus then press "filter" it does nothing for about a minute. Then the aircraft list goes blank (even though there are B744 visible on my map screen!).
Then when i try and return to "show all" it does nothing.
Theres no aircraft list in either myflights or network tab. The map still works fine.
The only way I can get my list back is by shutting down ANRB and starting it up again.

The first install was the upgrade from the 2008 edition. But when the problems started I uninstalled it and installed the whole 2009 edition from scratch. But still had problems so today I uninstalled again (from C:/program files/AirNav.....) and reinstalled into C:/AirNav Radarbox.... but still no joy.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Wayne

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
Wayne,

Use Aircraft = B744 then click filter.  That should work.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:19:44 PM by Allocator »

Climb1

« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »
Hi Allocator
Im afraid that is exactly what I have been doing all along. With my previous ANRB (which worked) and with this 2009 edition. But its only with the new spec that I have been getting problems.
Everytime I try and filter something, whether its airline, aircraft, company etc. If I select the company for example in the drop down, then british airways (plenty of them on my map as im in London) then press filter it does nothing for about a minute. All I get is a blank line where my aircraft list was. (This happens with both myflights and network tabs)

If I want to bring the aircraft list back, usually I could press the "show all" button afterwards but this does nothing.

Ok ive added a screenshot taken just now. Tried to get a filter for British Midland. There was one a/c on my map at the time in the picture. It should have been added to the filter list.....but wasnt!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:08:03 PM by Climb1 »

Allocator

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »
OK, 2 things here.

Look at the company names in the aircraft list.  I don't have any called "British Midland Airways Ltd", so I get the same result as you.

However, I do have "BMI British Midland" in the list, so when I do a search for:

Company = BMI British Midland

then the search works correctly.

The same applies for British airways.  In the list they are "British Airways" not "British Airways Plc" or any of the other British Airways options in the drop down.

Also, why isn't there anything in that middle drop down box between the Company bit and the British Midland Airways Ltd.  You should have one of the following in that drop-down:

=
<>
>
<

and of course what you need is "="

Deadcalm

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2008, 08:11:48 AM »
Climb1, I also suffer from this problem with the filter.

I have other issues with the smooth running of RadarBox, which have been aired in this forum a number of times, but in respect of which I don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I've been in contact with Andre Brandao about these issues, including the one which you detail (quote from my E mail: "I sit and wait for ages for menus to appear, or clicked buttons to function.  I've also found that selecting the Airline filter menu rarely works - either by selecting All or a specific airline.  I am sitting here at the moment staring at an empty radar map."

I appreciate that mine is allegedly an unusual case (as Airnav is at pains to remind me), but promises of possible remedies have yet to be fulfilled.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »
DC,

I don't recall your filter problem - are you running Vista, I don't remember.  The only way I can confuse the Quick Filter is by not selecting anything in that centre drop-down box - specifically "="

If you enter the Quick Filter details correctly as I described above, what happens?

Remember, if you filter for something that doesn't exist - and remember, it has to match 100% here - you will get an empty list.  Filter correctly and it works correctly.

It doesn't really help you, but I use the filters all the time and they are excellent.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »
DeadCalm,

We have been in contact with you and we are trying to determine the cause. However as I am sure you are aware your issues have only been mentioned by other customers. So thats 2 customers out of nearly 1000 who have upgraded.

Hence we are having difficulty recreating the issue on our computers. Can you please try on a different machine and get back to us?
[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
Hi All,

After installing the FULL-version 2.0 of the RadarBox software all looks working beautifull on my PC.

The only problem I see is the route-information. So I asking me of it is allowed to copy my database-backup from version 1.5 into version 2.0 so that I have all my added route information (more then 1.000) back or is al my work (again) been for nothing.

I also see verry strange things as, per exemple, flight BAW7. It is for years EGLL-RJAA but on the RadarBox it appers as EGLL-CYUL. I am sure that in my database used in version 1.5 the route information of this flight is correct.

Any advice will be verry welcome. Thank you in advance.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2008, 10:24:58 AM »
Copy the backed up file into the RadarBox 2009 folder and it should update it to the new format.

However please note if there are some issues with that database it might fail and you won't see any routes appearing.
[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2008, 11:05:25 AM »
OK AirNav Support,

Thank you again for your fast reaction! Is there a specific file that a I have to copy into version 2.0 or should I copy the whole "Data-map" from version 1.5 into it?
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4