anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 (version 2.0) RELEASED  (Read 127344 times)

Deadcalm

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 (version 2.0) RELEASED
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »
DC,

What columns have you got selected to show in Preferences?

If I untick everything except Brg - I get exactly the same as you :-)

Aha!  Wasn't aware I had to do anything, I thought the previous settings would apply.  Thanks for the tip, Allocator!

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Deadcalm

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2008, 09:27:20 AM »
Airnav, just noticed you changed the silly "Centered at .." logo at the top of the screen to something more sensible.  Much more professional.  Thanks!

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

gpsranger

• storm chaser
    • Bicester Weather
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »
I have noticed several people seem to be having issues with upgrading I had a problem with upgrading 2 problems found very difficult to get it to download satellite layers and under alerts the any flight within range would only register the first flight in range the other alert functions worked ok (did not try squark).
Unable to get these functions to work properly so disabled the existing RB2009 and done a full install all now working ok

hungryasthesea

« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2008, 11:23:58 AM »
Having recently purchased AirNav RadarBox 2007, I have not yet upgraded to the 2008 version. Can I upgrade straight to 2009 (version 2.0) or do I need to upgrade to the 2008 version first?  If so is there a link.

Many Thanks in Advance
Hungryasthesea

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »
I would think if you backup your navdata file and mylog files from your folder then uninstall 2007 you could then just do a fresh install from the airnav support homepage of the 2009 version.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2008, 11:39:37 AM »
Best to do a fresh install unless you have some data stored you want to save then do as besty8 says.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

jonheli

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »
Hi Guys
Well done for the hard work - great update!! For some reason my updated version will not display the company logo, nor will it show the from/to route next to the logos. The files are still in the program, so any suggestions how I can get thses items to display?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
Hi Guys
Well done for the hard work - great update!! For some reason my updated version will not display the company logo, nor will it show the from/to route next to the logos. The files are still in the program, so any suggestions how I can get thses items to display?

Do you get a blank space where the logo and route should be, or are the columns missing from the list - if so, you need to select what you want to see in Preferences.

mike

« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2008, 06:31:29 PM »
Is it me or is the satellite imagery just a pixelated background. What good is it over a dark or light background. On commonly available imagery on the internet I can clearly see my dustbin in the back garden. The new version has also slowed my powerful p.c. down tremendously. Hopefully someone will tell me to click on a button to produce clear images, otherwise its not worth having.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »
Is it me or is the satellite imagery just a pixelated background. What good is it over a dark or light background. On commonly available imagery on the internet I can clearly see my dustbin in the back garden. The new version has also slowed my powerful p.c. down tremendously. Hopefully someone will tell me to click on a button to produce clear images, otherwise its not worth having.

Welcome to the forum Mike, I'm surprised that you haven't posted before if you've been using RadarBox for a while.

The satellite images are great for me thanks and my PC is running very sweetly. I presume that you've seen this thread for examples of the layers? 

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1294.0

I don't understand what you are saying about a dark or light background - sorry.  As you will see on the forum here, people are creating their own colour schemes for use with the satellite layers.

The satellite pictures are downloaded at one zoom level, so if you download a picture and then zoom in or out, the picture will not be in "focus".  If you don't like then, then you don't have to use them - remember that this is a "free" option that you get as a RadarBox user, nothing extra to pay :-)

Terry

« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »
Nice job Air Nav,just installed the full version of 2009,perfect,i run Vista and had a few freezes with 2008,this mod or upgrade has certainly slung that out,congrats all round to the developers on a fine piece of work.

Titan

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2008, 08:05:38 AM »
When I first tried the new update I had the AVG exception problem, but once I had made the exception I have had Radarbox running without problems now for three days.
I then went back and upgraded( after making a copy of my original) 1.5 to 2.0 and that too works without problems on my XP system so I get all my older data back.
So a pat on the back for Airnav, the software is great, and the new features are great and I am a very happy Radarbox user.
Regards
Mark
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:08:34 AM by Titan »

Upgate

« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »
Hi
A different problem possibly me! On 2007 and 2008 clicking on fight in the my flights listing with just the scode and flight number showing but no registration produced one these were normally newly delivered aircraft but this feature doesn't seem to work anymore on 2009. I have tried reloading and checked that communication is allowed through the firewall.

Can someone tell me what I should be doing to get the updates surely the Emirates A380 should appear with a reg!

Thanks

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
What's the ModeS code for the Emirates A380?  You could try a manual lookup at http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modeslookup.asp to see if GAS have a record for this aircraft.

If the registration is know on the Airnav servers, then it should autopopulate in your MyFlights, even without clicking on it.  It's only network flights that you have to click on to populate them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:57:11 AM by tarbat »

Upgate

« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »
Thanks for this. Having reloaded 2009 I couldn't try the A380 but had 401388 missing at present. It  is on the Gatwick site (G-UKPS C208) so for some reason autopopulate isn't working!