AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A FULLY Robust RadarBox (new features)  (Read 6481 times)

prbflight

A FULLY Robust RadarBox (new features)
« on: August 12, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
Ok everyone don't jump on me for this or flame me.

I've been requesting these features for the last year.  Anyone else interseted?

-New Contact
-Heard
-Seen

Still hoping.

Paul@cyyb   (a lone voice in the wind)

DaveG

Re: A FULLY Robust RadarBox (new features)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »
Seems a nice idea and possible simple to add, although only Airnav can answer that one.
Cornwall, UK

Titan

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:35:09 PM »
I would find having a new contact indicated on the info panel a very useful feature and would welcome it's inclusion in some future update if at all possible.
Regards
Mark

Jez

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 08:27:17 PM »
When you say 'seen', do you mean a way of easily logging whether you've actually seen one of the aircraft that you're tracking on RadarBox?

prbflight

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:58:02 PM »
When you say 'seen', do you mean a way of easily logging whether you've actually seen one of the aircraft that you're tracking on RadarBox?

Exactly.  Same if I've heard it; ie picked up communications with it via radio.  It would be very interesting to look at the network grid and in a glance see all aircraft I've physically seen or heard and where they are currently flying in the world.  This would make the logging of any particular aircraft complete in my opinion.  That is what I use RadarBox for.  To track and log aircraft that I see flying over my house.  To me it's a hobby.

Paul@cyyb

cosmoc

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 07:41:24 AM »
that sounds fantastc prbflight!:-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »
We have that on our AirNav Suite application for a long time.
We have added it to the wish list. It is impossible to have it on V2.0 as we are just a few closer to release but for future it will be possible.

prbflight

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »
Thanks for listening AirNav. 

I have been using Suite for over 4 years but unfortunately RadarBox does not log directly into the All Heard Management of that excellent program.  That is why I say RadarBox would be fully robust and complete with the implementation of my requests.  That would make RadarBox, especially with the introduction and versatility of the new SQL database, an all-in-one tracker and log management package.

In the time I've been using AirNav Suite I have logged 5874 unique ACARS contacts via AirNav ACARS Decoder, 1699 RADIO contacts via my Uniden scanner, and 698 VISUAL contacts via physical observations of planes flying over my house.  We all know how much more contacts we pick up with Mode-S and ADS-B so it would be nice to have everything rolled into one package.

Cheers

Paul@cyyb

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:54:34 PM »
That's the future of all this development: all in one program. It's a matter of time. :-)

Jez

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »

Exactly.  Same if I've heard it; ie picked up communications with it via radio.  It would be very interesting to look at the network grid and in a glance see all aircraft I've physically seen or heard and where they are currently flying in the world.  This would make the logging of any particular aircraft complete in my opinion.  That is what I use RadarBox for.  To track and log aircraft that I see flying over my house.  To me it's a hobby.

Paul@cyyb

That sounds like an excellent idea - I had similar thoughts.

How does this facitily work in AirNav suite?

What I'd like to see is that if you have an aircraft highlighted on the RadarScreen, you can hit the right mouse button so a menu pops up. You can then mark it as "Seen" or "Heard" and the date & time of the sighting is logged.