AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Undockable windows  (Read 12275 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Undockable windows
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 05:04:47 PM »
I suppose we're looking at something similar to the Database Explorer, that opens in a new window which can then be dragged to a second monitor.  A "New Map" window that acted in the same way would do the trick, as long as it was sizeable.  You could then close the map window within the RB interface and maximise the aircraft list.

I'm sure that this would have horrible programming challenges though :-O

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »
Well, the trouble with the Database Explorer window is that it obscures the aricraft list.  I drag it somewhere else, but next time I open ANRB it obscures the list again.

So is this something really only of use with 2 monitors?  I've got all these 100+ programs installed, and can't think af any where I can/want to undock windows.

Allocator

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
Tarbat,

As I said, it's not something that I'm really going to get excited about one way or the other.  I can see the advantage of having a full screen radar display on one monitor and the full width aircraft list on the other.  It's OK with my big monitor running at 1280 x 1024 and it's OK on my wide-screen laptop, but it can be a bit crowded on my smaller monitor 1024 x 768.

As it is, I can't see all the columns I want to see in the list whilst keeping the map a reasonable size.  I usually have the "ADS-B Only MyFlights button hidden by the map - I bet there are some people who don't even know this button exists :-)

Whilst I rarely use the Esc - full screen view (just selected it now), it does give a very good (and impressive to visitors when giving a demo) display and if I could have the list visible on my other screen, then I would.  My 2 screens are a different size as noted above, so I can't really drag the RB window to cover both.

Is it raining up there in the frozen north?  It's pouring down here in the Midlands  - never mind, it's the indoor RC flying day tomorrow at my local club, just right for the summer!

All the best

Allocator

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »
Yes, I can understand the need for people with 2 monitors.  Its just when DaveG said ".......for those that have not used undocked windows or can't see the need, let here from them after it's a feature.", it made me think that perhaps I was missing something as a 1280x1024 single monitor user.  I just can't think of a use for undockable windows on a single monitor.

Anyway, it's blue skies and 23c up here in sunny Scotland :)

Allocator

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »
The sun shines on the righteous :-)