AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auto Populate  (Read 24650 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Auto Populate
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »
Paulc, glad you've got autopopulate working okay now, by enabling photos.  Maybe this needs an FAQ, since it's not something I realised about Radarbox.

Yes, it's dissapointing if aircraft aren't getting populated from GAS promptly.  I use my own SQL routines to populate from GAS on a weekly basis, and I've got a full(ish) set of Flybes from GAS.

Paulc

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 08:24:05 AM »
Me too - people do need to be made aware of this.

It is a shame that updates from GAS are not more prompt but to have aircraft delivered over a year ago and still not be in the system is imo poor and does let the system down badly.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »
Paulc, glad you've got autopopulate working okay now, by enabling photos.  Maybe this needs an FAQ, since it's not something I realised about Radarbox.

The only time I remember an autopoulate/photo download problem was way back in one of the early versions of RB.  I'll try this today and see what happens.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 01:03:05 PM »
PaulC,

Please note its not ALL aircraft which have that issues. The A380s and other new aircraft appear fine in the database from GAS. However certain types have trouble getting past across (we are looking at this)

However regardless if you want a 99.9% updated database you will need to do some manual work as the complexity behind such a ever changing database is enormous.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Paulc

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »
Can you say which types have problems so I can possibly add those details manually? I am guessing that Embraer & Bombardier types are a particular problem which is a pity as that is all (pretty much) that ever uses my local airport.

Accept that it is never going to be 100% up to date but still maintain that if an aicraft is in GAS then it should be in airnav.

Allocator

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
Tried using my system with photo's being downloaded and it looks as if it is populating the aircraft now as well - the number of aircraft has increased considerably. However having checked the aircraft database I have found some obvious aircraft are still not included. ie Flybe have several Emb195's- G-FBEA, B etc - now A & b are listed but no others which is a concern considering all of the remaining ones are in the GAS database and some were delivered over a year ago. Airnav have told me that they update on a daily basis from GAS yet these (and no doubt others) aircraft are still missing from the database.

I think that these aircraft are in the database - are you looking at MyLog or are you using Database Explorer to check the main NavData database?

There is a problem though in that the DH8D, RY85 and E160 aircraft in the database have the short type as "..." and this stops the record from being overwritten wwith the correct type name and it also stops the silhouettes showing.  I've got the whole G-BFE* series showing when I use Database Explorer.  I don't think that I've put these in manually, although I have probably manually corrected the short name.

Paulc

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
am using database explorer to look for them and having looked about an hour ago were not there but having just looked they appeared since - perhaps my system is still playing catchup

gzerovti

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »
I am also having problems with the auto populate function.

I have just tracked two flights in Myflights an Egypt Air and an Emirates. Neither flight has shown up in Mylog even after I have used the populate function in Tools.

Both aircfaft were tracked at about 1304 and 1330 respectively but at 1411 have not shown up??

I am using Vista and V 2009 software.

Terry
G0VTI - On the flight path to EGNM

Allocator

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »
They will be in MyLog, but maybe they are not populated with the aircraft details?

Did they have full details in MyFlights, or just the Mode S code?

How are you trying to find the aircraft in MyLog?