AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auto Populate  (Read 24651 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Auto Populate
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »
Bethsalem, it autopopulate is working some of the time, then you should be OK :-)

You are never going to get all aircraft populating, as this depends on them being in the Gatwick Avaition Society database - used by RB to autopopulate.

If I want details on a specific aircraft that doesn't autopop, then I look it up at airframes.org - if it's not there either, then you're probably out of luck.

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 12:57:09 AM »
Bumping this back up again,

I still don't think the Auto Populate is working, the number is climbing and not sure what the issue is. Any ideas out there?  Using RB 2009 and re-installed the full version.

TIA

Steve

Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

Paulc

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 06:33:51 AM »
Jetcos,

is the number of aircraft you get in 'database explorer' increasing ? I am having similar problems with autopopulate not doing what it should, having done 2 clean reinstallations. The routes seem to populate ok - just not the number of aircraft which is stuck at 80136. I have no problem wih seeing network aircraft and I currently have my firewall turned off to see if it was that causing the problems.
I am also using XP with service pack 3 which i noticed on another thread seems to have caused a few issues with unsigned drivers but I get no messages to that effect.

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »
Will look at the database explorer to see if it is increasing. I remember the previous versions doing the Auto Populate and coming back with a few that it couldn'y do (not in the GAS database yet etc) and the number would be lower. Now (as before) the Auto Populate number just keeps climbing.

I am running Windows XP with the SP 3 as well, Firewall is off.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

gsholland

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »
I'm new to Airnav and having the same problem as the database is not auto populating.  Is there a fix?

Also I intend to take my box to places where I don't have an internet connection, is there any way I can upload a full up-to-date database file?

Thx/Greg

Allocator

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 10:08:25 PM »
Greg,

What version of the RadarBox software are you running?

What makes you think that the autopopulate function isn't working?

When you are not connected to the Internet, RadarBox will use the included database so you will still get aircraft details unless it is a newly detected aircraft that isn't in the database.

gsholland

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
Hi Allocator,

I am running the 2009 software.  I have lots of aircraft that that are not giving the reg details and the database has stayed static at 80139 records.

One example...  Hexcode 4059E4 is G-FDZJ and was delivered in April, so I would expect that to appear.  There are lots of other examples.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers/Greg

Allocator

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »
Greg,

Are you getting the photo thumbnails downloading?  Once again, the number of photos in the /Photo directory should increase as new aircraft are detected.

Can you see Network traffic OK when connected to the internet?

gsholland

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:58:29 PM »
Hi,

I have switched on the photos and it all works now.  I had the photos off to save bandwidth.

Would it be possible in the next version of having the ability to upload your own csv file or even better allow you to update the database fully, so when you are offline you do not miss the data?

Thx/Greg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 08:02:08 AM »
Would it be possible in the next version of having the ability to upload your own csv file or even better allow you to update the database fully, so when you are offline you do not miss the data?
You can already update the database using the Database Explorer, on the File menu.  Just select the Aircraft table.

Paulc

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
Surely you should not need to update the database manually (with new aircraft) if the GAS database is kept up to date (relatively speaking) Airnav have told me that they update each day and so the info received from Airnav should be the latest available.

I note above that turning off photos was causing a problem with autopopulate - I also turn the pictures off to save processing power + do not really need them but I may have to turn them back on if it resolved my problem with autopopulte not working.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
Turn on photos, you can select so it download one photo.

Photo downloading and showing does not affect the processing too much.

The main items for processing are:

- Refresh time
- Network
- Uploading to a server
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

gsholland

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »
Guys,

This is all fine and dandy if you are connected to the web.  But I bought my Airnav to be used "on the go" and don't want to have to wait until I get home to tie-up hexcodes.  Surely it should be possible to download the whole database, so you don't have to be relient on being connected to the net when a newish aircraft appears?

My point about uploading an csv is that it is alot easier to export a personal database as .csv than as a .sqb.  This would mean that people could load their own data, exactly as they want it.

I hope these points are put into action as lots of spotters want to use their boxes on the go an not at home.

Greg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 02:55:22 PM »
Surely it should be possible to download the whole database, so you don't have to be relient on being connected to the net when a newish aircraft appears?

It depends on what you mean by the whole database.  Aircraft are constantly getting ModeS codes allocated, so it's a constantly moving target.

You could try converting one of the SBS-1 databases that are available for download - see my previous post on this at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1279.msg9511#msg9511.  But they're out-of-date as soon as you download them.    And they're big!!  A CSV extract from the Aerodata database (>90000 aircraft), which only contains ModeS, Registration, and ICAO Type is over 2mb.

My point about uploading an csv is that it is alot easier to export a personal database as .csv than as a .sqb.

Get hold of a copy of SQLite Maestro, and you can import .csv files into the databases.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:16:41 PM by tarbat »

Paulc

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:50 PM »
Tried using my system with photo's being downloaded and it looks as if it is populating the aircraft now as well - the number of aircraft has increased considerably. However having checked the aircraft database I have found some obvious aircraft are still not included. ie Flybe have several Emb195's- G-FBEA, B etc - now A & b are listed but no others which is a concern considering all of the remaining ones are in the GAS database and some were delivered over a year ago. Airnav have told me that they update on a daily basis from GAS yet these (and no doubt others) aircraft are still missing from the database.