anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Merging two databases?  (Read 3100 times)

GlynH

Merging two databases?
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
When I first installed RadarBox it was on my main XP workstation.

I have since moved it to a server spec machine in my loft as I am having problems with the UBox dropping off the network - I have a support ticket open with Lantronics.

On the first computer MyLog is showing over 3000 aircraft including the Vulcan, a Harrier and some other interesting stuff.

On the server spec machine MyLog now has @ 5500 aircraft.

Is it possible to merge the two MyLogs into a single file on the server spec machine to keep all of my contacts in the same place?

If so, how because MyLog has the file suffix .db3 and the Import option in MyLog looks for a .sqb file.

If I rename one of them to MyLog.sqb then the import routine in MyLog advises me it will overwrite the existing file which I do not want...I want to merge them to keep all of my contacts together.

I am guessing the database is for SQL Server which I don't have so is there a tool available which will merge them?

If it can be merged how will it deal with duplicate entries?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: Merging two databases?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
If so, how because MyLog has the file suffix .db3 and the Import option in MyLog looks for a .sqb file.

Glyn,

I don't know the full answer but I think it will be very complicated if it is possible. Just to be sure you know, if you import a file to the RB, like an old >sqb file then all it does is DELETE all previous data before importing the data in the importing file so be warned.........
Mike